Chapter Twelve

"This one?"

You shook your head no.

"That one?"

You shook your head no, again.

"... the one to the right?"

You let out an exasperated sigh.

After E.J.'s bold claim (proving to be correct) him and Slender proceeded to tell you of the events leading to your condition. They told you that Jane had carried you home and that by the time you got home, you had so little blood that you died. You couldn't explain it to them, but you knew that Opal had brought you back to life and away from Paradise. Maybe if you got your voice back, you could tell them.

They told you of their discovery while you were out and how Zalgo had snuck into the house, deliberately manipulating Sally into telling about your whereabouts. You stayed silent the whole time (mostly because you had no other option) and thought about how scared everyone must have been; how they were going to kill you; how Jane had stayed by your side, which surprised you quite frankly. You knew you both were close friends, no matter how much you messed with her, but the way Clockwork described her attachment to you... she was devoted.

After that, you stopped smiling as much. Your happy attitude shrunk down to the inside of your core and you became emotionless. Don't get you wrong, you cracked a smile every now and then to make Sally happy and to ensure the others that you had not gone mad, but other than that, you were calmer. You slept in more and kept your eyes shut as much as possible, listening to the others. If you listened hard enough, you could pinpoint where everyone was in the house and three hundred yards away from it too.

But, at the moment, life was a struggle. Because all you wanted was a f/d (favorite drink) from the refrigerator and Ben couldn't exactly find it. This was your life now, at this point: a f*cking guessing game.

"I'm trying my best," he shrugged.

You bolted up from the table and grabbed the can from the fridge, popping open the lid with your teeth. You glared down the elf and sat back down next to Sally with an exhausted expression. "It's okay, Madness," she smiled.

You smiled back forcefully and drank your drink. Running a hand through your hair, you let another sigh escape your chapped lips and closed your eyes to listen. Jane observed you as you did and watched your ears twitch and eyes flicker underneath your eyelids in concentration. She put a hand on your arm and your body stiffened, but soon relaxed under her touch. You tossed her a small smile and then went to join the others in the living room.

The window seat had recently been your safe place in the room. You could watch the breeze shake the tree's limbs and see it rustle leaves as they fell down. You could also watch for any signs of movement. Any sudden shadows or figures that dared to enter the vicinity of the house would meet your rage. But, other than that, you liked the peace it gave you and you could easily listen there.

L.J. and Jeff were bickering between watching a comedy or an action movie. Toby was pestering Masky before Clockwork scolded him and he hushed. You sat down silently on the seat and let your leg dangle from the side and your head rest against the window. Closing your eyes, you perked your auditory senses and took a deep breath.

"C'mon, Jeff," L.J. chuckled, "Girls Trip is the best!"

"No, Baby Driver is. We're watching it now," Jeff snatched the remote from the clown's hands and searched through the lists.

L.J. yanked it back and tried to search for his movie before a knife was held at his neck. He smirked and teleported above the smiling killer and on top of the stair rail where Jeff couldn't reach him, clicking buttons to find the movie. A snarl escaped Jeff's lips and he jumped up off the couch and ran towards the steps to take it back. In doing so, he almost knocked Jane and Sally down the staircase.

Jane held the little girl against her body to protect her and covered her eyes to flip him off in the process. "Hey! Watch it!" She yelled. You opened your eyes to the sound her voice and closed them when she safely made it to the top of the stairs with the chickadee.

"Listen up, Laughing Cow, you're gonna give me the f*cking remote or so help me, I'm going to carve your smile into one like mine," Jeff growled once he was at the top of the stairs.

"Catch me if you can." L.J. laughed and teleported to the couch again leaving Jeff at the top of the stairs flaming red in anger. You laughed to yourself in your head and continued to look out the window. Masky and Hoodie entered the room a little while after with popcorn in hand, settling down for once and not concerned with kills and cheesecake. E.J. cut through the living room with a sack full of... something... and went straight for his lab. Even Ben had plopped down from his Game Cave and joined the family gathering.

All in all, it was as normal as could be for once. No small glances at your scars or any tiny, hopeless offers to pacify the frown that has graced your face; everything was calm. You saw no movements out the window or heard any sudden scufflings that you couldn't explain. The others were whispering to each other over the movie and throwing popcorn back and forth, occasionally flicking you in the cheek in which they apologized and waited for you to either throw a glare or roll your eyes. You did neither and continued to take deep breaths and listen.

"I'm going to go check on Jane and Sally," Clockwork whispered, getting off of Toby's lap and wiping her buttery popcorn hands on her pants. The others mumbled and whispered their agreements and continued to be absorbed in the comedy.

That was until a scream rang out.

It was a high pitched scream. A mix of both Sally and Jane's exclamations in a blood curdling excruciatingly painful shriek that startled everyone in the house and possibly anything within a five hundred mile radius. You were the first to dart for the stairs along with Jeff, the Proxies, and the rest following behind you. Your footsteps rattled the staircase as sudden panic and adrenaline flooded your senses. You ran down the hallway and threw open Sally's door to find the most horrific sight.

Several arms were tugging Jane out of the newly shattered window as sharp, broken glass shredded her skin (see pic). She was screaming in pain, panic, and protest as her body was being forcefully tugged out of the window and into the arms of her captor. Sally was shrieking her little head off with tears streaming down her face and her hands pushed against her ears to block out the noise. Jane's yells echoed into the the air and finally her body was lifted out of sight.

You threw open your wings and flew out of the window, not caring about the glass and flew after the beast. Jane was reaching her arms out for your touch and begging you to save her. Her pleas and cries drove you further until finally grabbed her hands and tugged her into your arms away from the creature. It was fast, but not fast enough. You cradled her bleeding body against yours very firmly and strongly as she hyperventilated and gripped you twice as hard. You wanted to calm her and tell her that she was going to be fine.

But one, you couldn't speak and two, she was already snatched from your arms again.

Cliffhanger! Will Y/N manage to save Jane or will she meet her demise in endless amounts of torture and suffering? Find out next week on Our Prince, a Creepypasta fanfiction written and published by SquishySmithIII. If you want to see more of her fanfictions, check out her profile and feel free to comment, vote, and share her books! And as always, read on!

-SquishySmithIII

(P.S., I'm delirious and loopy from lack of sleep and wanted to make the author's note sound like a dramatic soap opera announcer. Don't judge, it's eleven thirty and I needs my rest!)