One-Shot # 2

"I don't see what the big deal is." Hayley says.

"Don't you get it? It could be a big trick from the man up there," Hermione says, pointing to the ceiling. "You know how things are these days."

"True that sister," Roan agrees, as she eats a chocolate bunny. "You have to listen to her, she knows more about this than you do."

"Yeah, but she's blowing this out of proportion." Hayley argues. She takes another sip of her Pepsi. "All I need is support, and she's blaming everything on aliens or the government."

"No, I'm not!" Hermione grabs the tin box and takes another chocolate bunny."Though today it's aliens."

"Come on! It's not a conspiracy. All I'm saying, this is something new and I don't know what to do about it."

"Hayley, this boy likes you and you like him. You said he was a nice guy and he understands you. As far as everyone's concerned, case closed."

"It's not so simple Herm. You noticed how lost he was at times when he came here four days ago? And besides, we haven't even talked since then."

"And I know this, he hates your parents just as much as you. So what's the problem?"

"Okay, okay. There's no problem. That's the problem."

"Enough about this girls!" Roan stands up and stomps her foot. "Herm, you need to make sense fast. And Hayley, you need to relax."

"I am relaxed Roan!"

"Not from where I'm standing. Here," Roan hands Hayley the box of chocolates. "Just have some. Uncle Jerry mailed it here from Amsterdam."

While Roan manages the boiling casseroles over at the kitchen Hayley takes a chocolate bunny. "Whoa, this tastes funky," she says, mulling over the taste.

"Is it like mint?" Hermione asks, helping herself to another chocolate bunny.

"Yeah, but it's got something else." Hayley chews the bunny to peruse the taste. "Something like...raspberry?"

"You sure?" Roan asks, languidly stirring something in a casserole. "When I ate one it tasted like pineapple."

"Maybe it's got a mix of different flavors inside. Herm, what are the ingredients of those chocolates?"

"Let's see. Cocoa powder...Fresh cow's milk...Sugarcane juice...Oh man, It's so blurry I can't even read this."

"Fine, give it to me." Frustrated, Hayley reads the ingredients herself. "Butter...Whipped cream...Damn, I can't read this well. Herm, can you read this?"

Hayley turns to Hermione, who is already sleeping on the sofa. "Oh, fuck me..."

Somewhere only she knows...

After a period of darkness Hayley opens her eyes. She sits up on the sofa and looks up at the ceiling. "Wait, why is the ceiling made of stone?"

"Morning Hayley," greets a curly-haired blonde wearing an apron and holding a cleaver on one hand. "It's a surprise to see you over here."

"Wait, what are you doing here Grace?"

"What am I doing here? This is my home!" She giggles before chopping onions on the chopping board. "And what are you doing here Hayley?"

"Ugh, I have no idea." Hayley says, trying to keep herself up despite her slackening energy. "All I remembered was eating a bunch of chocolate bunnies and reading the ingredients."