Chapter Five

Hamza woke up,startled at the movement on the bed and looked to his side to see Nazmeera moving violently in her sleep.

"Nazmeera," he called out but she didn't react to him and when he saw that she was about to hit him he grabbed her hand which caused her to shoot up.

"UMMI!" He saw her tears flowing and she attempted to pull her hand from Hamza who let go before she pulled her legs to her chest and begun rocking back and forth.

Nazmeera begun mumbling something and Hamza leaned forward to hear what she was saying,"It was just a dream.Nothing was real.Just a dream.Just a dream.Nothing real...."

Hamza leaned back and looked at Nazmeera,debating whether he should shake her out of the trance she seemed to be in or call Aamanah to help her.No,he would not call Aamanah.Nazmeera was now his wife,his responsibility and he would have to take care of her as a husband should.

"Nazmeera," He called out in a gentle tone and he called out again in the same tone but she did not respond to his calls.

Hamza moved closer to her and lightly touched her knee with his hand which caused her to move her head up frantically,her eyes red,alert as if she was waiting for him to harm her and tear marks coated her cheeks.

Hamza swallowed and spoke,"Nazmeera,do you want water."

She did not reply,not even a nod but stared at him with those alert eyes that made her look so fragile.Hamza got off the bed and poured a glass of water from the jug that sat on the small table in their room.

He walked back but instead of getting on the bed from his side,Hamza walked all around to Nazmeera's side and sat down.He held the glass out for her to take and watched how she looked at it but then her eyes flickered to his.

When Nazmeera made no move to take it,Hamza moved closer to her and held the glass out once again,"Nazmeera,drink some water."

Nazmeera slowly lifted her shaking hand to take the glass from Hamza but when she had her hand around it and Hamza removed his hand,the glass almost slipped but Hamza's reflexes were fast and he closed his hand around her hand so that the glass would not fall.

Hamza heard her take in a sharp breath and slowly lifted the glass to her lips,not once did they break eye contact and Nazmeera only lowered her gaze when she finally opened her lips and took small sips.

When half the glass was almost finished,Nazmeera moved her head back and attempted to pull her hand back which made Hamza hold the glass from the top as she put her still shaking hand on her lap.Hamza put the glass on the bedside table and looked at a somewhat calm yet frightened Nazmeera,who in some ways reminded him of a small little kitten afraid of the storm that raged outside despite being indoors.

"Are you feeling better?" Hamza asked her and he made dua that he got an answer.

His duas seemed to be accepted when Nazmeera gave a small nod and he thanked Allah.

"Do you need anything?" This time he was rewarded with a shake of her head and he gave her a curt nod.

Hamza looked at the clock that hung on one of the tent walls and saw that it was only 2 in the morning.He looked back at Nazmeera who sat with her knees pulled to her chest and her hands fisted by her tummy,her eyes casted down and her cheeks red from her rubbing away new tears.

"Nazmeera do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head rapidly and her hands moved to grip the bed sheets,her body shaking slightly from what Hamza assumed was the cold.

Hamza stood up and lightly touched her shoulders,which caused Nazmeera to look up at him with questioning eyes and he answered her unspoken question,"You are shivering and need warmth.Lay down and I'll cover you with the blankets."

Nazmeera shook her head and pushed his hands away,she got off the bed and moved to the sink in the corner of the room.

Hamza watched as she opened the tap and splashed water on her face.Nazmeera gripped the sink and closed her eyes,trying to gain a bit of control over herself,she had never lost control like this especially in front of anyone not even her close family,not even Aamanah.

The dreams she thought she was long over had come back to haunt her ever since she had seen her father.Usually when she woke up Hamza had not even sensed her get out of bed but it seemed as if tonight luck was not on her side.He had woken up because of her and seen her at her lowest.

Hamza watched how the hold Nazmeera had on the sink opened and closed a few times,perhaps if he was not watching her closely he would have missed the way her body shook and perhaps if he had stood up a minute earlier he could have caught her before she hit the floor.

By the time Hamza got to Nazmeera she was laying on the floor and Hamza picked her up in his arms before she could say a word.She was lucky that the floor was covered in thick mat that prevented her from getting hurt.

Nazmeera tried to fight his hold,she tried to get out of it but his arms tightened around her,"Nazmeera do not try and fight me on this.I doubt that you will be able to walk,I will carry you to the bed."

"No,I will walk.I can make it back to the bed."

Hamza shook his head at her stubbornness and despite her protests,put one arm under her knees and the other behind her back,he stood up with her in his arms and took her towards the bed.

In fear that he would drop her Nazmeera gripped his shirt with one hand and slipped another behind his neck.Hamza put her on the bed and stood up,Nazmeera was on her back And she looked away from Hamza.

Hamza took that as a sign to go to his side but as he begun to walk away,he felt a hand grab his wrist.When he looked at Nazmeera,he saw her eyes wide in fear and watery.

"No,please stay.Don't leave me.Please."

Hamza sat down on the side of the bed and put his hand on top of hers.

"I am not going anywhere.I'm just going on my side so that I can lay down.I'm not leaving you Nazmee."

"Pro....promise?"

"Promise." She let go off his wrist,slowly as if she did not want to but understood that he was just going to lay down.

Once Hamza went to lay down on his side,he laid down facing her with his left hand under his ear looking straight at Nazmeera who had her eyes cast down.

Hamza watched as Nazmeera begun falling asleep and begun worrying as to what her dream had been about that left her so afraid.He would find out and he just had to wait.

-----------------------------------------

As Salaam Mu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Barakatu.

I hope you all liked this chapter that I wrote thanks to two of my friends pushing me to write it.

Jazakallah for the 2.73K reads and 194 likes.It really means a lot.

Duas:Prayers

Fi Amanilah.