Chapter Forty-Five

Aamanah laid down her eyes closed as she felt a cramp hit her back.She blew out a breath and pushed herself to sit up,winching as another sharp pain hit her back.Her cheeks flushed red when she felt a liquid run between her legs and Aamanah groaned.

Oh Lord,peeing herself was not the plan for today.She got up slowly and called out,"Nazmeera."

"Coming." Aamanah waited and two minutes later Nazmeera came into the room,"Yes Manah?"

Aamanah looked down embarrassed,"I uhmm peed myself." Nazmeera just smiled and helped her up.

"Let's get you into the bathroom." As Nazmeera helped Aamanah up,Aamanah frowned feeling the liquid flow freely and she stopped.Her back pain increased and she took a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" Aamanah looked at Nazmeera with a strained smile.

"Some bad back pain." Nazmeera raised her eyebrows.

"I'll get you a hot water bottle to relieve the pain." Aamanah shook her head and started walking,"No,I'll survive.It's just...ouch kind of worst period cramps."

Nazmeera nodded her head,unsure but back pains had become a norm for Aamanah during the past few weeks.

Nazmeera helped Aamanah take off her dress and turned to go into the room telling her to shout when she was done.

Aamanah got into the bathroom and when she looked down at the liquid she frowned.It was colourless and Aamanah touched it,bringing it to her nose.It did not have a smell and then it hit Aamanah as a sharper back pain hit her.Her water had broke and she had worn the dress once again.

"Nazmeeraaaaaa." She pulled the end holding onto the end of the cabinet.

Nazmeera opened the door and rushed into the bathroom,frowning when she saw Aamanah in pain,"What happened?" Aamanah reached for Nazmeera who grabbed her hand.

"My water broke." Nazmeera's eyes went wide and she swallowed nervously,nodding her head.

"Okay no need to panic.The bags in the car and we can leave.You'll phone Hamza on our way and I'll phone the hospital to get your room ready." Nazmeera helped Aamanah change into another dress and Aamanah felt her first contraction pull.

"Ow." Nazmeera hurried up and Aamanah clumsily threw her scarf over her head.Nazmeera led her to the private elevator.

"It's going to be okay." She pulled out Aamanah's phone and called Hamza,putting the phone on loudspeaker.

"As salaam mu alaykum." Nazmeera gestured for Aamanah to speak while she put a call through to the hospital.

"Hamza,my water broke." There was silence on the other end and then they heard the screeching of a chair.

"I'm on my way.Where are you'll?"

"On our...ouch way to the hospital." She heard Hamza curse and cut the call.Aamanah raised her eyebrows at Nazmeera who shrugged just as the door bell dinged and they for off.Nazmeera led Aamanah to the car and helped her get in.

Nazmeera sat in the driver's seat and Aamanah watched as her hands trembled,she reached over and squeezed her hand,causing Nazmeera to look at her.

"You going to get me there safely and everything will be fine.You need to calm down." Nazmeera nodded,"Take deep breaths with me."

Nazmeera followed Aamanah and they soon were on their way to the hospital when Aamanah was hit by two contractions each about twenty five minutes away and each lasting five minutes.

Once Nazmeera reached the hospital,she smiled in relief to see Dr.Naseeba with two nurses and a wheelchair.Once she pulled the car to a stop,she ran to Aamanah's side and opened the door.