Charter Thirteen

Nazmeera laid on the bed in a house a few streets away from Aamanah's apartment.This house belonged to Abu Jameel and after telling  him that she wanted Hamza and Aamanah to have time to themselves she got the key from the housekeeper and moved in.

Her heart was still heavy and her head was pounding.Every time Nazmeera thought of what had occurred the precious night she was reduced to tears to the point of puking out all the contents in her stomach and when that ended all that came out was water.

Even now Nazmeera's eyes filled up but she reminded herself that Aamanah is a pregnant woman so her hormones are all over the place.

But a small part within Nazmeera argued,that does not explain why she had to dig up an issue that happened years ago.

Nazmeera heard the doorbell ring and wondered who it was as she put on her hijab,making her way to the door.

She gasped when she opened the door,for standing in front of her was Hamza.Nazmeera made to close the door but Hamza put his foot between the door and doorframe,pushing it.

"Nazmeera wait."

"No go away." Hamza pushed the door open and once he was in Nazmeera attempted to go out but Hamza got a hold of her and closed the door before pushing her against it.

"Hamza let go off me." Nazmeera pushed him,well tried to but Hamza only caught ahold of her hands and held them above her head.

"No I'm not letting go.Why did you leave!?"

He watched the tears fill Nazmeera's eyes and she looked down,"I couldn't stay there after what happened.How do you expect me to stay where I was insulted?I'm not my mother ibn Abeed.I can't take being insulted.I don't want to end up like my mother.Dead!"

Hamza's heart twisted and he let go off her hands,putting his arms around her,holding her as she cried,her hands going to his chest.

"I know she didn't mean it.I know but it still hurt." Nazmeera pushed him,catching him off guard Nazmeera lost his fitting staggering a few steps backward,"I'm big hearted ibn Abeed but not even so big hearted to bare my self-respect being insulted.What have I not done for her?What did I do to deserve being insulted?Have I never thought about her well-being?I asked her ibn Abeed if she has an issue with me being at the house I asked her if I must move away but she stopped me."

Hamza watched as Nazmeera looked at him with tears streaming down her face,eyes shinning with betrayal and her body shaking,"Wallahi ibn Abeed if she had to say that I must move away I would have done it the first time she said so.I have never stopped myself from doing anything for her but I cannot forgive this so easily.I know that I should but don't I deserve to feel?Whatever I have done for her is not because I am repaying my aunt and uncle rather I love her very much but this,this has hurt me beyond that which words can explain.You expect this kind of treatment from a foe not a near,dear one."

Nazmeera furiously wiped her tears away and glared at Hamza,"I free you Hamza bin Abeed,I free you from this responsibility of having to split your time between myself and Aamanah.She has you all to herself.She no longer has to share you with me but I don't wish for a talaaq.I will be your wife by name but never by soul and body,I accept that.Now please leave."

Hamza felt his heart twist in a strange manner when Nazmeera turned away from him.At that moment Hamza was caught between the need to comfort her and stay or the need to go back to Aamanah.

Nazmeera was not expecting Hamza to walk to her and turn her around,lowering his head to her own and placing a kiss on her lips.

Nazmeera went still,with shock and embarrassment,she did not know how to respond.In that moment everything really did come to a still,the birds outside stilled and there was a slight change in the winds.It was as if Allah's creation could feel that finally a broken soul had finally found the one to piece her back together.Finally it felt like something missing snapped into place,completing the two of them.Their souls met but this soul rejected it.