Chapter Ten

Perhaps it was all an illusion,perhaps the doctor was lying,perhaps she was wishing for too much.

Aamanah laid on her bed,unable to believe what she had just heard from the doctor Ummi Hamza had brought in.Ummi Hamza brought in the doctor after she realized that Aamanah was sick,vomiting and nauseous.

Aamanah had smiled at Ummi Hamza when Ummi Hamza had said that she was pregnant but when she got the doctor to come;the doctor confirmed what Ummi Hamza suspected.She was pregnant.

Aamanah was about to have a child.

A child of her own with Hamza.

Never did she think that she would experience this joy and at this moment nothing could take away her happiness.

Aamanah heard a call from outside and she recognized the voice as Nazmeera's.She sat up and banged her cup twice to signal that Nazmeera should enter.

"Ya Aamanah,look what I brought for you.Your favourite Baklava,made the way you....." Nazmeera did not finish her sentence and she gasped at the pale complexion of Aamanah and she made her way to the bed,sitting next to Aamanah.

"What is wrong with you?Why are you so pale?Ya Allah,have you called the doctor?Let me go fetch her?" Nazmeera was about to get up but Aamanah grabbed a hold of her wrist and pulled her down.

Nazmeera looked at her with a confused look and her eyes widened when her sister wife's eyes filled with tears,she pulled Aamanah in a hug,"Ya Allah.Are you okay?What has happened?Has any of those women said anything to you?Wallah I should have given them a harsher punishment."

Aamanah pulled back and shook her head which caused Nazmeera to become more confused,"Did Hamza and you have a fight then?"

Aamanah again shook her head and Nazmeera frowned,"Are you pms-ing so bad that your face lost its color?"

At this Aamanah rolled her eyes at her elder sister and shook her head.This time Nazmeera tilted her head and pinched her lips together,"Unfortunately I am running out of guesses and I am not a mind reader so please enlighten me.This suspense is killing."

"I'm pregnant." Nazmeera's eyes went wide,her mouth fell open and her hands stopped mid air as she went to hold Aamanah's hands.

Nazmeera closed her mouth and took a deep breath,looking at Aamanah's tummy.Tears filled her eyes and she crushed Aamanah in another hug.

"Alhumdulliah.Ya Allah I am thankful that You have answered my dua.So true it is:Allah keeps our deepest wish and answers it when He knows its the right time." Nazmeera pulled away and she kissed Aamanah's forehead,"Mubarak Ya binti Abdullah.Your patience has borne very sweet fruits.May Allah protect you and your unborn child from every bad eye.May your child be the apple of your eye just as Sayyidina Fatima (RA) was the apple of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) eye."

"Ameen.I am so very much happy that alhumdulliah,Allah has blessed me with a child.Yet I am afraid ya Nazmeera."

Nazmeera frowned and held Aamanah's hands which she grasped back equally tight,"Why are you afraid?"

"I am afraid of losing this child as I lost my previous two children.I am afraid to let this hope grow just so that it would disappear as a dream.My trust in Allah is not wavering but this fear lingers around my mind."

As Aamanah did when she was a young girl,she looked up at Nazmeera with a hope that Nazmeera would help diminish her fear and Nazmeera did just that.

"Aamanah nothing I can say will ever be able to comfort you for the fact that you lost your children but something comes to mind.It is said that on the day of Qiyamaah when a woman who lost her child will be questioned and just before her decision will be made a child will appear.This child will then fight with Allah to not send you to Jahannam. This fight will carry on until Allah will give this child permission to take you to Jannah.This child will then take his umbilical cord and pull you into Jannah.Remember Aamanah that if Allah forbid you do lose this child then this child will just become your way of entry into Jannah.This is your test and In Sha Allah you will pass it and soon you will hold a beautiful child in your arms."