Chapter Fifteen

Ummi Jameel pressed a light kiss to Nazmeera's forehead before walking out the door closing it softly behind her.

She walked to her husband who was staring out the window and put a hand on his shoulder,"What is it?"

"Did I make a mistake by getting them married?" Abi Jameel asked turning to face her,tears filling his eyes,"Nazmeera is an amanat to me and I promised her mother she would not get a faith like her mother but here we are.Was I wrong to think that perhaps Hamza marrying her would be good?Was I wrong to think that perhaps my daughter would be fair in her judgement?"

Ummi Jameel leaned up,putting a hand on his cheek,"Hamza is not that vile man who married Summaya,Aamanah is not that vile woman and Nazmeera is not just a carbon copy of her mother but also of us.One thing that I am assured of today is that Hamza has feelings for Nazmeera,I saw the pained look in his eyes when she said they should leave.He did not want to.He wanted to stay but he also wanted to respect her wishes and that's what he did." She leaned up and pressed a kiss to his cheek,"They will work it out and in no time Nazmeera will be back with them but this time they will respect her,honour her and make sure they do not over step their boundaries."

"If you say so zawjah." And he embraced his wife,making dua that what she said would come true.

Hamza paced the lounge more then a few times and each time he stopped he felt like punching the wall.Guilt was eating him up from the inside and so was a gnawing that came from his suppressed emotions.

He was falling for Nazmeera.He falling for her and there was nothing he could do about it,not that he loved Aamanah any less.He loved Aamanah just as much just as he was beginning to love Nazmeera.

Hamza had to get Nazmeera back,he needed her by his side and so he pulled out his phone.

Aamanah sat in her room with her phone in her hand after a phone call that she hoped would be the first stepping stone in making her relationship with Nazmeera get better.This phone call was to her gynecologist to set up an appointment after which she placed a call to her mother.

"As salaam mu alaykum ummi."

"Wa alaykum salaam Aamanah.What is it?"

Aamanah flinched at her mother's cutting tone and her throat grew heavy before she finally spoke,"I have an appointment at the gynecologist next week and I would like for you to tell Nazmeera so that she would come with me."

"Hmm.I will tell her but I cannot assure you that she will attend after all of this."

Aamanah let out a breath of relief,she was scared her mother would outrightly refuse but that fear went away,"Jazakallah ummi.Jazakallah."

"Aamanah."

Aamanah's hand trembled at the soft tone her mother used,"Nam?"

"I hope you are successful,In Sha Allah."

Hot tears rolled down Aamanah's face and she nodded even though her mother would not see her,"In Sha Allah,Ameen.Take care of yourself,abi and Nazmeera."

"I will and you take care of yourself and your baby.Fi Amanilah."

"Fi amanilah." Aamanah responded and then walked out of the room only to find Hamza on his new laptop since the other one broke and was in for repairs.

"I'm making chicken biryani,will that be okay for you?"

Hamza looked up at Aamanah and nodded,"For me that would be fine,what about you?"

Aamanah's face brightened with a smile,"Ice cream since there is still loads left and probably a cheese sandwich or pickles and honey."

Hamza raised his eyebrows at the last one but nodded and Aamanah left.He looked back at the screen and felt a bit of his heart sink at what he was doing.He hoped Aamanah would understand what he was doing and why once he told her his plans.In Sha Allah she would,thinking that he went back to work.