Chapter 9

Kakashi's POV

We were now on the bridge with Evelyn in my arms with a bandage wrapped around her left eye just in case.

"Thank you so much" Tazuna states

"Please come again" his daughter tells again and I nod

"Thank you" I tell them and look down at Evelyn and then over to Naruto and Inari

"Promise you'll visit soon?" Inari asks Naruto, on the verge of tears

"Of course, it's okay to cry so go for it" Naruto tells him

"Well then if it's okay, then why don't you go ahead and cry"

"No, you first"

"Forget it"

They run into each others arms and start crying water falls making me sweat-drop, "Please tell the girl we said 'thank you' when she wakes up" Tazuna asks of me and I nod. "I guess we'll be going then" I state and we all leave. Our walk wasn't that long but my arms soon got tired and Sasuke seemed to take notice, "Kakashi-sensei, would you like me to carry Evelyn for a while so your arms can rest?" he asks me. "Are you sure you want to carry her?" I ask him as he nods, "Okay then, thank you Sasuke" I thank him and start walking, "It's no problem" he tells me back making me smile behind my mask at his kindness as I notice Sakura pouting at him. 'Wow... she's upset that Sasuke won't carry her like Evelyn~' I think and continue walking until we reach the villages' gates, "I can carry her from here, thank you Sasuke" I thank him again as he hands me Evelyn back. We start walking across the training field, passing Asuma's and Kurenai's teams, we're about to leave as Akamaru and Kiba notice our familiar scents and decide to come by and start up a conversation.

"Hey what's up guys?" Kiba asks while Akamaru barked

"We just finished a mission! Believe it!" Naruto exclaims while Choji, Sikamaru and Hinata come over

"Yeah and your still as loud as ever, what's up with Evelyn?" Shikamaru asks

"Yeah, why is she out cold?" Choji then joins in while stuffing his face with chips

"Well, while we were on our mission, she took some heavy blows protecting the team and got heavily injured and haven't woken up since she was out" I explain and they all look at Evelyn with worry looks

"Well tell her that we said 'hi and get better' for us okay?" Kiba asks and I nod and turn towards Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura to see Ino glomped on Sasuke's back while she and Sakura having an argument over who belongs to Sasuke, I sigh and catch all of their attention.

"Ahem, come on guys. We have to report in a mission" I tell them and turn towards the two teams, "Y'all keep on training and get stronger" I tell them with a closed eye smile and nod at Asuma and Kurenai while they take their two teams back to training while my team had went home and I walked to the Hokage's office with Evelyn still in my arms. I struggle to knock on the door but manage to by dropping Evelyn's feet to the floor while holding her up and pick her back up again, " Lord Hokage. I have come to report a mission that was a success" I tell him as he looks up from his paper work and nods and then his eyes fix upon Evelyn, "Is she okay?" he asks me, "Yes, she is okay just hasn't woken up from all the injuries she took from protecting her team, that's all" I inform him as he gives me a smile. "Thank you Kakashi, you may leave. Oh. and tell Evelyn that I said 'hope you get better'" he tells me as I nod and I walk out the room again and walk down the streets of with my daughter in arms, I reach my door step and walk in, closing the door with my foot and walking upstairs and into Evelyn's room. I set her down on the bed gently and remove her sandals before placing her under the covers, I'm about to walk out but I hear my name being called softly so I look behind me and see Evelyn awake and her arms stretched out for me. I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed only to be pulled down into a laying position by her, "You can act so immature at times~" I tease her making her grumble, "Shut up, don't act you aren't" which made me chuckle because I do act immature, "Thank you daddy" I hear her mumble before she falls asleep, making me smile and pull her into my chest, "I love you Evelyn" I mumble before drifting off into a peaceful slumber.