7

Willow

"Has your mother or father ever told you about mates?" Seth asked me as he stared at me, his brown eyes lost in my blue ones.
"Never, I don't even know the word apart from referring to a friend." I said as i listened in.

We were sat in Seth's living room. Matt had gone out with Caleb and Lilly for a patrol around the pack land while me and Seth talked.
"Now what I am about to tell you is important, it's also hard as the other person usually knows about this kinda stuff." He shuffled closer to me so he could talk at a lower frequency.

I nodded slightly. This night i had spent in the spare room but I soon got scared and ended up on Seth's sofa in his room. He stared into my eyes yet again a serious facial expressions growing on his face.

"Willow, we are what other call mates, a mate is a one true soul mate, nothing can break their bond apart from a saying that I will not say incase I reject you. Willow we are Mates and that means we are meant to be and the moon goddess wants you to love me like I love you." He explained.

This was a lot to take in for me and I decided to just let it go almost, as if he never said it and I was still lonely. But my wolfs feelings got in the way and I ended up remembering what he said throughout the day.

Over the night I slept in the spare room again but so did Matt and he explained everything about Mates to me. Well everything that I would need to know. He finished explaining around midnight and I knew what I had to do.

Matt was soon asleep and I crept out the bedroom and into Seth's room, he was awake reading. I looked at Seth and smiled.
"Can I sleep with you tonight, I don't like the spare room." I mumbled, suddenly feeling awkward.

"I heard you and Matt talking, you really don't have to..." He said before I cut him of.
"No I want to, I think I like this mate bond." I grinned.

He pulled up the duvet on the side next to him and I slid inside.
"Only if your okay with it." He cautiously told me. I nodded once and curled up close to his warm body only to realise he wasn't wearing a shirt.

I blushed and wiggled away a bit.
"Sorry." I muttered into him.
"It's okay, you can if you want I don't mind." He said.

It was all so awkward but I loved him deep down, Matt told me not to rush things but I wanted to do this. He told me stories of mates having to hug one another from first meet. I liked the idea.

I shuffled back into his heat and smiled a bit along with my face beginning to grow hot.
"The weekends almost up..." He mumbled.
"Yeah, I suppose it is." It really did fly by.
"This has been one of the best weekends of my life." He smiled wrapping and arm round me hesitantly.

I blushed a bright crimson and then snuggled into his chest to hide the blush.
"What you reading?" I asked in a higher pitch than I planned for it to come out.
"Twilight.." It was his turn to blush now.

I giggles and looked at the page he was on.
"Ah, when Bella meets Edward!" I smiled as I hugged into him.
"Yeah, I keep re-reading this bit, it reminds me of you." He accepted his defeat and turned the page on the book.

He placed it on the desk next to him and turned of the light.
"Night Willow." He muttered into my hair.
"Night Seth." I muttered into his hard chest.

With that I felt his arms tighten round me and we soon fell into a deep slumber to be awoken from when the alarm next morning shall dare to ring.

Seth

I awoke next morning to the shock of Willow still being cuddled into my arms. Why was she still here? Matt must have done wonders to her mind about the whole mate thing, it's good that she now knows.

I wonder if Matt told her about the process? I can ask him later, for now the alarm is set to wake her up so I just left a note.
"Gone in my patrol, be back hopefully before you wake"

I left the note on her bedside and quietly eased away from the sleeping Willow. I smiled as she gave a small snoring grunt then soon drifted her hands toward a pillow, hugging it in.

I held back my giggles and smiled as I walked out the door with shorts in my hand. I ran downstairs and into the garden, placing the shorts behind my changing tree before shifting and running into the forest.

The land was large that we had in the town and we all did shifts, those who were in the pack. It took around an hour to run around the pack borders, sometimes more if a rogue pops up.

The borders surround the town and each member of the pack had to take a shift to run around the borders when it was their turn. We run the same route each time so the grass was flattened for were you need to go.

I shall get Willow in our pack as soon as possible but for now I had to do my shift. I sprinted around the familiar pathways before reaching the small lake.

Since I was young and I ran this route I always looked at that lake and knew that I wanted to take my mate there once I find her. Now I have I can take her there.

I kept running past the small cave that was never explored and the largest tree in all the forest. Finally I finished my rounds as the sun began to rise. I ran back to my house, paws aching and nose sniffing the air around me as I found the tree.

I shifted back behind and pulled on my shorts. I was soon back in the house grabbing a plane white shirt and almost waking up a still sleeping Willow.

I checked the time, it was around 5:00 so I decided to start on breakfast. I added some bacon into one pan and some eggs in another before letting them simmer.

I began to hear movement upstairs that I knew was Willow as her footsteps were more delicate and petite compared to Matts. There was a knock at the door and when I looked I found Caleb and Lily.

I sat them at the dinner table and gave them the first eggs and bacon I made before finally hearing the footsteps on Willow down the stairs. I smiled and quickly hissed at the two in front of me.

"She knows." And that was all I had to say before they nodded and gave Willow a welcoming nod. I winked at Caleb who knew exactly what I was talking about then looked at Lily who wasn't as sure.

She ran up to Willow and embraced her.
"It's great to see you again Willow! I heard you were living with Seth now?! How nice." She grinned and I could smell a lot of love coming from the both of them.

It was friendly love and it made me happy. I handed Willow a plate of Eggs and bacon before walking upstairs. I pushed Matt out of his bed and smacked his side playfully.
"Come on! Bacons ready!" I shouted in his ear before heading of downstairs.

I found Lily and Willow on the sofa watching TV while eating the food. I smiled at the two of them and turned to Caleb.
"You can let Willow know now that you and Lily are mates, not siblings." I laughed.

He nodded and went of to tell Willow. My watch gave a bleep and my heart skipped a beat.
"Guys! School starts now!" And it was all a mad rush to get out the door with Matt still in his PJs!