Chapter 10

My wattpad is really tripping . Im on spring break until Wednesday , if I get a lot of comments I'll just have to do multiple updates.

Please comment & Happy Easter !

Chapter 10

* Three Months Later *

Dayiona's POV:

*

*

*

Everything has changed, for better and worse. Trevon left for basketball & he's doing his damn thing. Robee is also. I miss them both , but I'm dealing with other things right now.

De'andre is dead , for one. He was pronounced dead on the scene three months ago from today. It hit me hard because Dre was my first. I really loved Dre and we wasn't on good terms when he was killed. I took that guilty road when he died. I should've answered my phone that day when he called me. I also should have apologized to him. I feel bad for what happened to him & it really showed. On top of that, the kids were in the car. I felt as if I failed as a parent, but I'm grateful that they are okay. Takari was terrified and didn't talk for days. Now she still has nightmares about it.

Major was sleeping , but he remembers waking up from a ' loud noise ' . He's the strongest out of the situation, which I would expect from a boy.

Big Mama tried to put the blame on me at first, but she then stopped the drama. She actually started trying to be friends with me.

After the shooting, I went into hiding. I couldn't eat or sleep for a while. I was going through a lot . KeKe came by everyday to help me with the kids. I really wasn't feeling it. I started going to church with KeKe every Sunday and I started to feel better with myself. After about a month I was able to be calm and do my motherly duties. His death didn't bother me as much.

" VonVon , I just wish you was here. Mommy needs to take us to California . I miss you . " Takari said as she was on the phone with Trevon. It was on speaker so I could hear what they were talking about.

" I just need you to be good , and we'll see about y'all coming. I miss you more though. "

" you have a basketball court in your house ? " she asked him.

"Yeah , you get to see it one day. " he told her. She gasped and looked at me with a big smile on her face.

" Mommy we have to go to his house ! " she yelled out in excitement.

" we will , tell him goodnight .. It's getting late." I told her.

" goodnight , love you . "

" love you more Mookie. " he replied and I grabbed the phone.

" I drew your bath water already, call me when you ready for me to wash you off . " I told Takari and she walked to the bathroom.

" hello ? " I said as Trevon was on the other line.

" yeah , where the twins ? "

" Diamond sitting right here playing with her little rattle thing and Chris bout to drop Cairo off . "

" I'm so ready to see your short ass. " he said and I started laughing.

" I'm not short , I'm actually tall compared to some people . "

" no the fuck you not , when I'm looking straight I can't find you . "

" what you tryna say ? "