Chapter 5: Meeting New Monsters

Mike started reciting what he was going to say to his roommate.

"'Hello, I'm your roommate.' Oh, that's too bland," he said to himself.

"Don't force it. Just let it happen," Y/N told him.

"Thanks, Y/N. Let's do this," Mike replied.

"Another lifelong best friend of yours is right behind this door," they whispered at the same time then exhaled.

Y/N entered her room as Mike opened his door to reveal a purple monster wearing glasses, who quickly came up to greet him.

"Hey there. I'm your roomie. Name's Randy Boggs. Scaring major," he introduced.

"Oh! Mike Wazowski, Scaring major," Mike returned.

"I can tell we're going to be best chums, Mike. Take whichever bed you want. I wanted you to have first dibs," Randall said.

Then someone dropped their things, scaring Randall. This made him turn invisible.

"You just disappeared," Mike gasped.

"Sorry. If I do that in Scaring class, I'll be a joke," Randall sighed, turning visible.

"No, it's totally great. You got to use it," Mike commented.

"Really?" Randall asked.

"Yeah, but lose the glasses. They give it away," Mike advised.

"Huh," Randall said then tried it out.

Meanwhile, Y/N walked in to see a tall, purple monster with horns, decorating her side of the room at super-sonic speed.

(A/N I did this off the Create-A-Monster website that Pixar created.)

She finished when she noticed Y/N, standing and gawking at her.

"Oh hi. I'm G/E/N Rancid. Scaring major," she introduced.

"Y/N M/L/N, Scaring major. You are really fast," Y/N commented.

"Oh. Sorry. You didn't need to see that," G/E/N blushed.

"Why not? It's cool. I hope you use it in Scaring class," Y/N said.

G/E/N smiled and Y/N returned it then started decorating her side.

Mike just finished his side as did Randall. Once done, Mike pulled out his list.

"Okay! Unpack. Check. Hang posters. Check. Now I just need to ace my classes, graduate with honors, and become the greatest Scarer ever," he said as he checked off the next two things on the list.

"Boy, I wish I had your confidence, Mike. Aren't you even a little nervous?" Randall wondered.

"Actually, no. I've been waiting for this my whole life. I just can't wait to get started," Mike answered, looking at his hat then at the Scaring School.

"By the way, who was that girl you were with earlier? Your girlfriend?" Randall smirked.

"What? No. She's just a life-long friend of mine. Her name is Y/N and she's been like a sister to me for as long as I can remember," Mike answered then asked, "Why?"

"No reason," Randall replied then they went to bed.

Y/N and G/E/N finished and started chatting about things.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" G/E/N asked.

"No. Do you?" Y/N wondered.

"No, but I do have my eye on someone," G/E/N admitted.

"Really? Who?" Y/N asked.

"Well, he's right next door. And I saw who you were with, but it's the other guy. His name is Randall Boggs," G/E/N blushed.

"That's nice. And the guy I was with is like a brother to me," Y/N clarified.

"Gotcha," G/E/N nodded.

"As far as Randall goes, get to know him if you haven't already then ask him out. You never know what could happen," Y/N advised.

G/E/N thought about it for a minute then answered, "Okay. I'll do it."

"Great. Well, we better get some sleep. Good night, G/E/N," Y/N said.

"Good night, Y/N," G/E/N returned then they went to sleep as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You and Mike were getting along with your roommates. And tomorrow, classes begin.