Chapter 9: A Chance for Redemption

The next semester started as a drag for Mike, Sulley, and Y/N. They had to change their classes and one of them was Scream Can Design.

"Welcome back. I hope everyone had a pleasant break. Some say that a career as a scream-can designer is boring, unchallenging, a waste of a monster's potential," the professor said, inhaled, then continued, "Open your textbooks to Chapter Three. We will now plunge into the rich history of scream-can design."

The whole time Sulley would glare at Mike. He only gave Y/N one glare but would continue to flirt with her, but he wouldn't let up on Mike, which made Y/N a little mad.

Y/N and Mike went back to their dorms. Mike felt that his and Y/N's dreams of being Scarers were over. In frustration, he threw his Scream Can Design textbook at his calendar, making it fall. Then he saw the Scare Games flyer he got at the beginning of the first semester. He grabbed it and excitedly knocked on Y/N's door. Once she answered it, he pulled her out just as Sulley was coming around the corner.

"Out of my way! Coming through! Oh, sorry. Ha-ha!" Mike exclaimed as Mike dragged Y/N past Sulley and other monsters.

Once they had privacy, Y/N looked at him like he was crazy.

"Mike, why did you yank me out of my dorm?" Y/N asked.

Mike showed her the flyer and answered, "Because I have a way of us getting back in the Scaring Program."

Y/N looked at it and smiled.

"You're a genius, Mike," she said.

"I know. Now come on. The kickoff will close any minute now," he urged.

They quickly left for it, but they didn't know that Sulley was right behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Have Mike and you really found a way to get back in the Scaring program? And will Sulley be a part of that?