Chapter 10: Mike's and Y/N's Team for the Scare Games

All the monsters on campus gathered to hear about the Scare Games.

"Welcome to this year's Greek Scare Games kickoff," Claire announced in her mic and the monsters cheered.

"The Scare Games! Yeah!" Brock yelled in the other mic.

"Okay, relax," Claire told him then said in the mic, "We have a special guest, the founder of the games, Dean Hardscrabble."

Hardscrabble went to the mic and stated, "Good afternoon. As a student, I created these games as a friendly competition, but be prepared. To take home the trophy, you must be the most fearsome monsters on campus. So good luck, and may the best monsters win."

"All right, everybody. We're closing down sign-ups, so we'll see you all--" Brock started.

"Wait!" two monsters interrupted.

Everyone looked to see Y/N and Mike standing on top of a car.

"We're signing up!" Mike said.

"What?" Johnny laughed as the other monsters joined in.

"Uh...you have to be in a fraternity to compete," Claire informed.

"Behold the next winning fraternity of the Scare Games," Y/N announced.

"The brothers, our brothers, of Oozma Kappa!" Mike introduced.

Everyone saw the monsters that Johnny tried to get Mike to join at the beginning of the first semester.

"Hi," the littlest one waved, then a balloon popped, flew around, then landed on his face.

"Mr. Wazowski, Miss M/L/N, what are you doing?" Hardscrabble asked as she approached them.

"You just said the winners are the most fearsome monsters on campus. If we win, it means you kicked out the best Scarers in the whole school," Mike explained.

"That won't happen," Hardscrabble declared.

"How about a little wager? If we win, you let us back in the Scaring program," Y/N offered.

Sulley was there to hear this and he was a little confused at this.

"And what would that prove?" Hardscrabble asked.

"That you were wrong," Mike answered.

"About both of us," Y/N added.

The monsters gasped and murmured about that.

"Very well. If you win, I will let your entire team into the Scare program," Hardscrabble said.

Sulley's eyes widened at that. If he joined their team, he had a chance to get back in the Scaring Program.

"But if you lose, you will leave Monsters University," Hardscrabble finished.

Mike's and Y/N's eyes went wide, but they were determined to win.

"Deal," they said.

"Now all you need to do is find enough members to compete," Hardscrabble remarked.

"We need seven monsters, right?" Mike pointed out.

"Sorry, chief. We count bodies, not heads. That dude counts as one," Brock said, pointing to the orange monster with two heads.

"Anybody else want to join our team?" Y/N offered.

"Anyone at all?" Mike added.

Then they noticed two familiar monsters cutting through the crowd.

"Excuse me. Sorry. we're late," G/E/N apologized.

"Can we squeeze by you?" Randall asked.

"Randy! Randy, thank goodness. We need you on our team," Mike exclaimed.

"Same with you, G/E/N," Y/N said.

"Oh. Sorry. We're already on a team," Randall replied, both of them showing their jackets for the RORs.

"Boggs. Rancid," Johnny called.

"I'm finally in with the cool kids, Mike. Don't blow this for me," Randall whispered.

"Y/N, sorry you got kicked out of the Scaring program. Not!" G/E/N mocked.

Mike and Y/N were saddened at this. How could the only friends they had here just turn on them?

"Do the thing," Johnny told them.

Randall turned invisible while G/E/N ran at super-sonic speed.

"Oh! Where did they go?" Chet asked then laughed.

"Please, anybody. We need one more monster. Just one more!" Mike begged.

"Yeah, sorry. Doesn't look good. We have to move on. Your team doesn't qualify," Claire said.

"Yes, it does! The star player has just arrived," Sulley announced as he got on the same car as Mike and Y/N.

"Oh my gosh," Y/N responded.

"No way! Someone else! Please! Anyone else," Mike pleaded.

"We're shutting down sign-ups, okay? Is he on your team or not?" Claire asked.

Mike and Y/N looked at him and he just smirked at them. Mike didn't want him on their team, but he was the only volunteer and otherwise, they wouldn't get the chance to get back in the Scaring program.

"Fine! Yes, he's on our team," Mike pouted.

"Good luck," Hardscrabble stated.

Mike just glared at Sulley as he put an arm around Y/N, making her feel annoyed and flustered at the same time.

"All right, Wazowski, M/L/N, what's the plan?" Sulley asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So they're in. How will this play out for all three of them?