Chapter 35: Working at Monsters Inc.

Mike and Sulley were placing the mail in each mailboxes with smiles on their faces.

"This is better than I ever imagined!" Sulley exclaimed.

"I bet we break the all-time record in our first year," Mike remarked.

"Mike, we're mail guys," Sulley pointed out.

"I know. I'm talking about the record for letters delivered!" Mike said.

"Guys, new mail raining down!" Y/N called.

(A/N You're also wearing a mail uniform.)

She released the mail down the mail shoot, but tripped and also fell down with a scream. Sulley immediately noticed and caught her with a smirk on his face.

"And raining beautiful monsters," he stated.

"Well they do when they have handsome monsters to catch them," Y/N said.

"Oh would you two get a room?" Mike asked, rolling his eye with a smirk at them.

"Who's to say we haven't claimed this one?" Y/N teased.

Sulley laughed then the Abominable Snowman came in and Sulley put Y/N back on her feet.

"All right, newbies, quit goofing around. I'll have you know tampering with the mail is a crime punishable by banishment!" the Snowmen warned and walked off.

"Yes, sir," Sulley responded.

"We're right on it, Mr. Snowman," Y/N assured.

"The team of Wazowski, M/L/N, and Sullivan are going to change the world starting today! Say scream!" Mike said, holding a camera.

"Scream!" all three replied and he took the picture.

Later on, as Mike was getting ready for the day, he opened his locker to see awards, notes from Celia, and pictures and newspaper articles of him and his best friends, who officially became a couple. They were in this order: their first day at Monsters Inc., an award for the most mail delivered, a newspaper article and picture of when they worked in the cafeteria, when they were can wranglers, when they tried out to be a Scare Team, when they made the deal with Mr. Waternoose, and their first day of being a Scare Team, which was that day. He grabbed his helmet and paperwork and headed for the Scare Floor.

"Wazowski, good luck on your first day!" Merv called out.

"Thanks, Merv," Mike thanked.

"Good luck, Mike!" another monster said.

"Thanks, fellas," Mike returned.

He stopped at the safety line for a moment and looked at the Scare Floor to see all the monsters. Sulley and Y/N came up behind him, each having an arm wrapped around the other's waist.

"You coming, Coach?" Sulley asked.

"Let's do it," Y/N said.

Mike just smiled.

"You better believe it," he said and stepped over the line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys are a Scare Team and that's your journey to Monsters Inc.