Chapter 30: Heart to Heart Talk

Y/N and Sulley checked the cabin, but couldn't see any sign of Mike.

"Mike?" Sulley called.

"Mike!" Y/N did the same.

They saw that cops were asking the counselors and kids questions until they looked to see an open window. Y/N got through first and looked in the woods.

"Mike?" she called.

Sulley started coming through until he fell out, getting the cops' attention.

"Bear! A bear in the camp!" one of them yelled.

"Come on, Sulley," Y/N urged, helping him up.

They ran further from the cops until they made it to the lake and hid behind canoes. Once they were clear, they saw Mike, kneeling at the bank just looking at his reflection, depressed.

"Mike! Come on, buddy. Let's get you out of here," Sulley said.

Mike didn't move.

"Big bro?" Y/N questioned.

He still didn't move.

"This is all my fault. I'm sorry," Sulley apologized.

"You both were right. They weren't scared of me. I did everything right. I wanted it more than anyone. And I thought-- I thought if I wanted it enough, I could show everybody that...that Mike Wazowski is something special. And I'm just not," Mike explained and smacked his reflection.

Sulley and Y/N felt guilty that they made Mike do this.

"Look, Mike, I know how you feel," Sulley said.

"Don't do that! Please, don't do that! You do not know how I feel," Mike snapped, getting up.

"Mike, calm down," Sulley replied.

"Monsters like you have everything. You don't have to be good. You can mess up over and over again and the whole world loves you," Mike continued.

"Mike..." Sulley replied.

"You'll never know what it's like to fail because you were born a Sullivan!" Mike finished.

"Yeah, I'm a Sullivan. I'm the Sullivan who flunked every test. The one who got kicked out of the program, the one who was so afraid to let everyone down that I cheated. And I lied. Mike, I'll never know how you feel, but you're not the only failure here. I act scary, Mike, but most of the time, I'm terrified," Sulley explained, sitting at the edge of the bank.

Mike was caught off guard by this. He just sat beside him.

"How come you never told me that before?" he asked.

"Because we weren't friends before," Sulley answered.

Mike looked at him for a minute until he noticed Y/N sitting on the other side of him.

"Y/N, why didn't you tell me that you thought I wasn't scary?" he wondered.

"Because you would think I was like everyone else," Y/N answered then explained, "I even wanted to prove I was scarier than you. But I knew our friendship was more important and when you and Sulley finally became friends, those doubts went away and I could see you becoming one. But after tonight, I don't know what to think. I'm really sorry."

Mike smiled, got up, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I forgive you, little sis," he said.

She smiled and they hugged. They got through to Mike and now they have to get back to the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! You, Sulley and Mike are good! Now you guys need o get back.