Nightmare

I jolt awake, panting and covered in sweat.

It was just a nightmare.

I glance at the clock. 5 in the freaking morning. My alarm will be going off in just over an hour anyway, why not wake up?

I throw back the covers and plant my feet on the carpet. The cold bathroom tile greets my feet as I flick on the light and turn on the shower. Frigid water sprays from the head. I peel each article of clothing from my body before stepping under the semi-warm water. I quickly lather shampoo into my waist length brown and black hair, scrubbing my nails against my scalp.

I can still feel his grimy hands stroking my hair, his fingers running through the strands.

It's been two months since the attack.

Two months since I let Harrison Miles get away with assaulting me violently.

One month since I found out I was pregnant with his baby.

Thankfully the bump isn't visible just yet, or else my father would already have me locked away in some private school to stay away from 'public school scum' as they call them.

Maybe they are right. I mean, the star basketball player took advantage of me. Maybe they are scum.

Or maybe they aren't.

Either way, I am going to have to find a boyfriend soon. One who is willing to go along with the pregnancy thing.

That's going to be the easiest thing on earth.

Note the sarcasm.

A knock on the door startles me.

"You okay, Celia?"

"Yeah. Couldn't fall back asleep and decided to take a shower. That's all."

I listen as the footsteps retreat back to his bedroom. My dad has raised me since my mother died when I was eight. He knows all my habits, and showering at five in the morning isn't one of them. It's a newly developing one. Ever since the assault at least.

I shut off the water once I'm sure all the conditioner is out of my hair and the soap is off my body.

Time to go face another day with Harrison Miles walking around like he's done nothing wrong.