Mistakes

A knock at the door almost wakes up the twins. Thankfully, they just make sudden movements before settling back down. I open the door, revealing Delilah.

"Oh. Hello, Delilah."

"Hello, darling. I know you may not want to see me right now, but I would like to take up a few minute of your time."

"I don't mind it. Come on it."

She steps inside and I shut the door behind her. She looks around, her eyes landing on the sleeping twins.

"They look so adorable."

"Thank you."

She gets right down to the point after taking one last look at the girls.

"I don't know what happened between you and my son, but can you please talk to him? He's miserable without you. He doesn't get out of bed, his temper came back, and he doesn't speak. He's just a mess! Please come and talk with him."

"I'm sorry."

"What exactly did he do?"

"I saw him kissing another girl at a party."

"Would this party be the graduation party?"

I cock my eyebrow at her statement. Does she already know?

"Yes. Why?"

"Would it happen to be this one girl with purple and pink hair?"

"Yes. Why?"

"He said that she forced herself onto him. He came home all flustered about how she wouldn't take no for an answer. She wanted to be his next baby mama."

Oh. My. Gosh.

I need to sort this out with Nate now.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

I grab my keys from the bowl on the counter.

"The girls are asleep. My father is upstairs if you need anything. Please stay here. I need to see Nathaniel."