Jail

I sit in the cushy chair, slowly rubbing my stomach. My lawyer, Walter Albright, is shuffling papers around while speaking quietly with my father. The conference room door finally opens and Harrison, his parents, and his lawyer walk in. He smirks and winks at me. Both these gestures go unnoticed by the adults in the room, angering me.

"Let's get right down to business. Here's the offer. My client is prepared to serve community service hours and fol-"

"2 years jail time and register as a sex offender."

"For a first time offense? That's a little much, don't you think?"

"He viciously raped my client and she is pregnant as a result of it. We have enough evidence to lock your client away for the next five to ten years. Consider our offer getting off easy."

"I'll need a minute to consult with my client. Can we have the room?"

Mr. Albright and my father stand, motioning me to follow. I shake my head in response.

"I'm carrying around the weight of multiple watermelons here all because of Harrison's actions. I'm not moving and satisfying his needs and requests for privacy. He's perfectly capable of leaving the room."

Harrison and his parents are fuming. However, his lawyer escorts them out of the room. Mr. Albright smiles at me.

"You are the strongest rape victim I've met. Normally the woman I deal with fear their assailants."

"I've already had to alter my life around the consequences of his behavior. Thankfully I've found someone that makes me very happy and will, I hope, help me raise the twins."

Mr. Albright's eyes widen slightly.

"You're pregnant with twins?"

"Yes. Just found out yesterday."

"Congratulations. Now I have to ask, is there anything you would like me to do about Harrison being the father?"

"I'm not putting his name on the birth certificates and I want him to give up any future parental rights."

"I'll make that happen."

"Thank you."

The opposing group reenters the room, Harrison's face revealing anger.

"Deal. Two years and registering as a sex offender."

This news only gives me a little pleasure. He'll be back out on the streets in no time, endangering every girl on the planet. At least he'll have to suffer through a little living hell before then.

Hopefully he drops the soap.

Papers are signed and Mr. Albright discusses the parental thing with Harrison's lawyer. Once everything is all settled, Harrison, his parents, and his lawyer dismiss themselves.

"I know you were lost in your thoughts just by the look on your face just now. Harrison will be paying child support until the day he leaves prison. After that, he will have no contact with you or the children, and if he breaks these terms, he will go back and serve two more years."

"Thank you so much."

We shake his hand before exiting the room and going our separate ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay,. I have no idea what the genders or names of Cecilia's twins will be. 

Thoughts and suggestions?

Something unique, old-fashioned, typical...

Any name suggestions?

Thanks!