Pens

"You weren't kidding when you said there was a pile!"

I stare at the diapers, wipes, toys, and basic baby necessities in front of me. Two boxes with cribs pictured on them lean against the wall.

"The people at the party were very generous."

"That's why we have to write thank-you notes!"

Lili walks in with a box of doughnut holes in hand. If Nate didn't just make me breakfast, I'd eat the whole box.

"Who got the cribs?"

"All of the teachers I invited pitched in and bought them."

Wow. I look at the card attached to one of the boxes.

'To Cecilia and her twins! Sincerely...'

The list of names on the card amazes me. There has to be at least ten teachers, some who didn't even attend the party!

"I have to write a thank-you card out to each teacher and guest?"

"Yes."

"I can't just call?"

"That's not as nice as receiving a card that shows the person really appreciates the gift."

"The cribs will be much appreciated when I'm a blubbering mess on the ground because I don't know how to put them together."

My sarcasm isn't lost. Nate chuckles and Lili just rolls her eyes, pulling a pack of cards out of the grocery bag she's carrying.

"See, I even picked up the adorable ones."

Little animals surround 'Thank You'. Leave it to Lilianna.

"Thanks. I guess I'll have to fill these out then."

"I got pens too!"

Oh gosh. I waddle the table and pull out a chair, sitting down. I open the cards and she pulls out her pens.

She's really prepared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Blackmail is officially longer than Cataclysm!

To any of you that haven't read Cataclysm, please check it out. You won't regret it!

Blackmailजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें