Seniors

"Graduation is next week. Are you ready?"

"Not really."

"Same!"

I pop another piece of popcorn into my mouth, propping my feet up on the chair in front of me.

It's my first time back at school in a while. It's only for a senior graduation meeting. Going over everything we need to do for the big night and just getting together to have fun. Everyone from the senior class is present.

Everyone except Harrison Miles.

I don't feel guilty for sending him to prison. I'm glad I did.

"Welcome to Senior Class Night!"

My classmates break out into applause as Dr. Kamryn speaks.

"There will be many activities and prizes tonight along with music selected by you as the seniors. Don't forget the delicious food and snacks prepared by out cafeteria workers!"

The festivities start soon after. Several girls from my class come over and awe over my stomach. I show them the ultrasound pictures when they request and tell them the genders.

None of them judge me or comment on the rape.

Nobody even mentions Harrison.

"I'm so glad you made it, Cecilia! Congratulations!"

"Thank you for not excluding me!"

"Why on earth would I do that?"

"Because I'm pregnant."

"I know that you didn't mean it but you'll make a good mother. I won't punish you for something that was beyond your control."

"Hey Celia! Come over for a picture!"

I excuse myself from the conversation and join the rest of the girls in my senior class for a group picture.