Sharing

Nate returns to the couch with a glass of water for me. I thank him before taking a sip.

"It's getting late on a school night. You two might consider going to bed soon. I'm turning in myself."

"Okay. Night, Dad!"

He nods, waiting for us. I look at Nate, slightly embarrassed.

"I'm afraid the couch isn't very comfortable. I think we have an air mattress in the upstairs closet."

"He can sleep with you, Celia."

Okay. Wow. This statement shocks me. What father would encourage their daughter to bring a man into bed with them?

He must see the shocked expression on my face because his response clears it up.

"You're already pregnant. What's the worst that could happen?"

Nate laughs and I blush furiously, from embarrassment and anger. He wouldn't be saying that if he knew that this was a product of assault.

"Would you like to sleep with me?"

"It's up to you, babe. If you don't want me to share a bed with you, then I'll take the couch."

My dad, even though he should butt out already since he has embarrassed me enough, chimes in.

"She's dealing with your kid keeping her up every night. You're sharing a bed. Let's go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackmail has been out for just over a day and the support has been overwhelming. 

It's already #392 in ChickLit!!!!

Thank you so much!!!

If only Cataclysm and Evolved got attention this fast! :)