Unique

I stare at the two red circles in disbelief. Twins? Why hadn't they discovered it before now? Why not at the last ultrasound?

"Twins? Why couldn't you tell me that last time I was here?"

"One baby was probably hiding the other. It is possible for that to happen."

Twins.

Two babies.

I peer over at Lili, she's just as shocked.

"So would you like to know the gender? I can't see baby two clearly, but one is better than none, right?"

"I would like to keep it a secret for a little longer, thanks."

"Okay. Schedule another appointment for next month. Regular check-ups will be beneficial for the health of the babies. Especially since you are so young and all."

On a normal day, I would be insulted by her jab at my age. Right now? My head is too muddled to be thinking straight.

"Sounds like a plan."

She slips the ultrasound print out into an envelope before she hands it to me. I hold it close to me as I schedule my next appointment and climb into the car with Lilianna.

"So what are you going to do with the twins?"

"I'm obviously going to keep them now."

"How are you going to tell Nate?"

"I have no clue. Any ideas running around in that creative mind of yours?"

She thinks for a second before responding.

"I have a few ideas. If you're willing to trust me."

"As long as none of them are offensive or cheesy. I want unique and cute."

A wide smile appears on her face.

"And I'll deliver."