Chapter Four; The First Friend.

ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE UPDATED AND I APOLOGIES BUT OMFG I SAW SAM AND MAZZ ON THERE LAST TOUR DATE AND IT IS STILL PLAYING IN MY MIND. I ATE SAM PEPPERS PRINGLES THAT MAZZ GAVE ME NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THAT!! ANNNNND IM SEEING THE JANOSKIANS ON THE 6TH OF SEPTEMBER IN LONDON OMG I LEGITIMATELY CANT!

Anyway, Enjoy this chapter :)...

_________________

Geography wasn't as bad as Louis thought it was going to be. At least he knew what was going on. That, he was glad of. He didn't know that there was a curly haird boy staring at him through-out the whloe class, and to be honest, if he did, he would probably be a little creeped out and never turn up to that lesson again.

Louis sighed as he made his way, slowly, into the car park. He stopped when he met the end of the street, feeling the curb with his stick. After a couple of minutes waiting, Louis heard footsteps behind him. They are probably just walking by he thought. That thought left though, when the footsteps stopped and Louis could hear the sound of someone breathing next to him.

"Hey!" Louis jumped, not really expecting the loud voice.

"Uhh..Hi?" Louis replied, it came out more of a question than anything.

"I'm Lexus, I go to the school down the road and, well, I just saw you here and thought I'd stand with you, I'm waiting for my brother." The girl sounded happy and Louis wasn't really sure why she was stood with him.

Had she saw his stick and felt sorry for him? Or does she not have a clue?

Louis stayed quiet, hoping that if he didn't reply, she would just leave. His hopes were crushed when the girl spoke again.

"I know what its like." No. You really don't. "My mum's blind." Louis stiffend at the word, but then relaxed taking in the girls story.

"I'm sorry. I don't really know how to say it. I know it gets better though." Her happy, jumpy voice becam soft.

"I'm not going to go through all the cheesy stuff becuase, to be honest, you'll hear it a lot," she paused, "but I just want you to know that your not the only one going through this. My mum was in a fire when she was 24, just after she had me. My brother was two at the time and I was only a couple of months old. The fire had caused her to lose her eye sight. The point that I am trying to make is that, well she surrvived. She's still here today and she's smiling. When ever she hears mine or my brothers voice, her face lights up. I'm not taking pity, if thats what you think. I treat my mum as I would treat her if she wan't blind. We argue, everyone does, and just 'cos she needs a little more help than other mums doesn't mean anything. You're still the same person inside right?"

Louis heard a car pull up on the side of the road knew right away that it was his mothers.

"Sorry I'm late honey, I had a little trip to make before I came oh- who's this?" He guessed that she was speaking about the girl who was stood next to him.

"I'm Lexus," the girl spoke.

"Joe, I'm Louis' mother." He guessed that they were shaking hands at this point. Joe smiled at the girl stood next to her son. Looking over her chocolate like colourd hair with lighter lines weaving through it. Her golden eyes shining. Joe knew then, that this girl was special. Call it a motherly instinct.

"Mum." Louis begged. Just wanting to go home.

"Sorry honey. Lets get you in the car." Joe took Louis' stick out of his hand, opening the door to the car whilst doing so. As Louis took his spot in the car the girl spoke again,

"Bye Louis." And he could tell by the tone in her voice that she was smiling. Louis didn't know what to think. He has a gut feeling that, now she knows his name, this will not be the last time that the two run into each other.

That gut feeling was right...

***

Harry stepped into his bedroom, looking around the large space he called his own.

Sighing, Harry scrapped his feet across the wooden floor and placed his school bag at the end of his bed. He knew his parents wont be home until later and that he had to find something to do to fill in the hours which he was alone in.

Two hours had passed when Harry pressed pause on the film he was watching and stood up from the sofa and made his way to the kitchen. He pulled out the carton of apple juice which was placed neatly in the door of the fridge and placed it on the side. Turning around, Harry reached into the cupboard and pulled out a glass. Once he had pored the dring, he placed the juice back in the fridge and carried the drink back into the living room.

The rest of the night had gone by a blur. Nothing exciting happening for either of the boys. Harry's parents had arrived gone nine, but Harry didn't mind, they were just doing their job. It was a Tuesday night so at ten on the dot, Harry kissed his mother on the cheek, wished his father a good night and made his way up the spiral stairs, into his room, led in bed and dreamed of what it would be like to actually hear his own voice.

***

Once Louis had stepped into his home, he had his mum lead him up the stairs and help him get out of his day clothes. Since the moment his mother had closed his bedroom door, he sat upright on his bed, thinking about the girl that he knew as Lexus.

He kept telling himself that she didn't need to be figured out, she was still a person, it didn't matter what she looked like, but he would be lying if he said it wasnt frustrating. Not knowing the simple things such as a hair colour.

But the night soon started to hit Louis, and the sound of his yawn filled the room as he let his head hit the pillow. His eyes shut close and the next thing he knew, he could see again, he could see his old bedroom. His best friend sat on his old bed. His school uniform placed over his chair wich was pushed under his desk. He saw his old life.

-

'If there is no struggle, there is no progress.' Frederick Douglass.

___________________________________

Okaaay, there you go... Three weeks.. Im so so sorry. I didn't realise how long it had been. But you have Louis' friend now yaaaaaay.

Thank you for everyone who comented, it was hard to choose one person but I just think that lexchoran fitted in most with the role.

So yeah, I'll do my best to update faster... but I can't promise anything. This story is the hardest one I have ever written and I'm doing my best to keep it as realistic as I can.

Comment Vote Follow all of that and if you do have any ideas that you think would go well with this story feel free to message me. Or you can just message me for no reason. I'm always open to chat.

AND OMG THERE IS OVER 1'000 READS AND OVER 80 VOTES. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEAN TO ME THAANK YOU ALL, EVERYSINGLE ONE OF YOU, SOOOOO MUCH. AND IM GUNNA END THIS NOW COS THIS A/N IS WAAAY TOO LONG...

There is a song on the side that I literally cant stop listening to. For those on mobile, its Leave Your Lover, Sam Smith. And as always, there is a cute gif that will crush you.

So I guess I'll see you soooon.

Words: 1354

Edited.