Chapter Twenty-Nine; The First Explanation.

Dedication to drunklacelouis for commenting and voting on my new book. And because your just amazing and I love you.
Edited.

The new year started off smoothly and it was now the day of Louis' appointment with the eye specialist. To say he was nervous was a complete understatement.

Louis, Harry and Joe all sat in the waiting room of the small doctor like building as they waited for their invitation to go into the meeting room. They had been sat there for a good ten minutes seeing as Louis wanted to leave extra early to make sure he didn't miss his time.

When a young lady come into the room and announced that Louis could now go in, Louis squeezed Harrys hand for the tenth time that day. Joe stood up first, Harry soon copying her movements. Louis, however, was frozen. Harry tried pulling his arm gently, persuading him to stand from his chair.

"I can't." Louis whispered. "What if I can't. What if I'm going to be forever this way?" Harry looked at Joe for something to say, but she had nothing. Harry knelt down in front of Louis, taking Louis' other hand and placed then on louis knees. He rubbed his thumbs over louis fingers as he spoke.

"Louis you'll never know if we don't go in there. Listen, me and your mum are here for you, you know that. So is Matt, and my mum and dad."

"But what if this is all just false hope? I'm really scared Harry."

Harry sighed, leaning forward he pressed his lips to Louis' forehead. "I love you, no matter what the doctor says. Now come on, I've got you." Harry stood and a couple of seconds later, so did Louis. He took shaky steps behind Harry as the young lady led them to the right room.

Joe thanked her as she held the door open for the three of them. She took a look around the fairly small room and smiled when she saw a young looking man sat next to a desk. "Hi, I'm Joe, Louis' mother."

"Hello, I'm Dr. Johnson." The doctors eyes slipped behind the woman and over to the boys stood behind her. He smiled as he recognised the curly hair and looked over to see him holding hands with a very worried looking brown haired boy. "Ahh, and you must be Louis." He looked back to Joe and pointed to the three chairs situated opposite him. "Take a seat."

Louis sat in-between Harry and Joe and the doctor began speaking once again.

"So Louis. I would like to start off with asking a few questions. Would that be okay?" Louis nodded his head, answering the mans question. "Okay, so I before I get to that, I just want to say that if everything is capable and we are able to try the operation, then it will take place today. I guess you've been told that, yes?" Harry nodded. "Great, now I'm going to start off with asking how you became blind. Your friend told me that you were not born blind, is that correct?" Louis nodded once again taking a deep breath in as he began to speak himself.

"It was an accident. It was never supposed to happen." Louis' head dropped but he carried on speaking, "There was a fire, at my friends house. I happened to be upstairs at the time. Everyone else was down stairs which made it easier for them to get out. I heard screaming from downstairs, calling my name. Then I smelt the burning smell.."

Tom had gone downstairs to collect them both a drink and Louis was left upstairs alone. He was sat on Toms bed, a X-Box remote in his hand and his eyes trained to the TV. It was when he scored his first goal of the game when he heard a bang. It was just any bang, it sounded like something exploding. He was right. The next thing he knew, he could hear people out side the house calling, screaming.

Louis rushed over to the window and pulled back the curtain. It seemed like the whole street were outside of their homes, all had worried expressions on their faces. Louis was confused. But he soon felt his heart drop when he saw Tom and his mother stagger out of the front door, both coughing horrendously and their clothes dirty. A black suet covering them. Tom was crying, trying to turn back to the house. Trying to run back in.

"Louis!" He heard Tom shout. "Mum! Louis is still in there!" Louis then smelt the burning. It smelt like the night of the 5th of November. The day people light of fireworks and set their wood on fire in their back gardens.

Louis dropped the curtain and slowly turned around. He took steady step towards the bedroom door scared of what he knew was behind it. When he did open the wooden door, the heat hit him suddenly. He could see the red, yellow and orange flames already at the top of the stairs. The smoke instantly filled his lungs as Louis let out a cough. He stepped back and shut the door quickly. And he screamed. He was sure that he would not leave that house alive.

"I thought I was going to die." Louis sniffled. "I'm lucky to be here, I really am."

Joe wiped her eyes, trying to rid the tears. Harry stared over at Louis. He himself had never heard of how it all happened. Whenever he asked, Louis would just get defensive or upset, so in the end, he just gave up trying. But now hearing what the boy had been through, he understood why he never wanted to relive the story.

Dr. Johnson sat looking at the eighteen year old with a sad smile. He had had many young people in his office who wished to have their sight back. All of which had their own story of how they had lost their ability to see. And each time, he still found it difficult to start talking again.

"I'm so sorry Louis." Louis just nodded his head for the third time, not really being able to speak. However he did squeeze Harrys hand once again, just to make sure he really did have him. This time, Harry squeezed back and Louis smiled slightly.

"How about we just skip the questions and I just get straight to it?" Joe nodded, answering for her son. After all, the other questions would have to be filled in on a sheet after the appointment anyway. "Okay, so Louis can I get you to come with me and we will run through the tests."

Much to Louis' disappointment, Harry could not stay with him as he went through with all the tests. But as soon as they were all done, Harry hugged him and whispered sweet words into his ear. Saying how he would still be there for him so matter what the results showed.

Once again, they sat in the waiting room, this time Louis was sat on Harrys lap, his head hid in Harrys neck and his hands gripping onto Harrys t-shirt. Harrys arms were wrapped around Louis' body, keeping him close. Joe sat playing with her fingers. To tell the truth, all three of them were scared. And when Dr Johnson came out of the room with an unreadable expression on his face, Joe's and Harrys hearts began to beat faster then they ever had.

"Okay, so I have the results." Louis stiffens in Harrys grip and he stood to his feet. "Louis I really think it would be better for you to sit down." The doctor advised. He had a couple of instances when patients had received good and bad news and they had fallen the the floor.

However Louis ignored him, Harry stood up, standing behind Louis and held onto the shorter boys waist for some sort of comfort. "W-What do they say? The results?"

Joe scanned the mans face and when he smiled she thought she might scream. Harry felt tears build in his eyes. Yet Louis was still oblivious.

"Really?" Harry asked, tightening his grip on Louis. Dr. Johnson nodded his head.

"Really what?" Louis asked, worried yet excited.

"It's good news Louis."

Louis hand flew to his face, covering his mouth as a broken sob fell from his lips. "I-I."

He was going to be able to see again. See the colours. The blue of the sky. And the green of the grass. And the brown of the mud. And the red of the roses. And Harry.

Surprise? Oh and the next chapter will be the last before the Epilogue...