Chapter Twenty-Six; The First Dairy Milk.

Song for the chapter; Beautiful Girls Are the Loneliest- McBusted.

Edited.
--------

Because of the snow, half term started two days before it was supposed to. Not that anyone minded, it was two extra days off of school. Later nights, later mornings. Even the teachers were pleased with the outcome.

Much to Joe's dismay, Louis has not left Harry's home since they had broke up from school and it was now the day before his birthday. Two nights before Christmas. She has asked her son to come back, at least for his birthday. Louis had then said that he wanted to be with Harry when he woke up on his 18th. No matter how much she wanted to see her boy on the morning of his birthday, she could not say no.

Harry had promised Joe that he would not steal the boy from her for the whole day as he planned to take Joe and Matt along with his own mum and dad out for a meal celebrating Louis' birth date. He had booked a table at the best restaurant he could find. When talking to the kind woman on the phone, he explained that it was his boyfriends birthday.

"We will make sure you get the best table we have to offer," she had promised. Harry had thanked her before hanging up.

"Harry," Louis whined. "I'm hungry." He rolled from his back to his stomach, putting his elbows on the pillows and resting his chin in his palms. Harry put his pencil down next to the drawn on paper before turning in his chair. Placing his right hand on the back of his chair, he looked over at the other boy.

"And what are you hungry for?" He asked.

"Mmm, chocolate." He smiled, starting to kick his legs around, his knees staying on the bed. Harry laughed. Placing his hands on his knees and then standing up.

"Chocolate you shall get then." He knew for a fact the only chocolate they had in the house belonged to his father, and what he has got, he knew Louis did not like. "I'm going to have to go to the shop, you coming?" Louis nodded. Rolling back onto his back, Louis then swung his legs off the bed. Harry picked up the blacked out glasses off of his bed side table, passing them to their owner.

"Thanks." Louis grumbled, sliding them onto his face and standing up. He reached out his hand, waiting for Harry to grip on. When he did feel the warm embrace of Harry's hand, the fluttering feeling in his stomach returned.

After walking down the stairs, they both put on their shoes, coats and scarfs. Harry made sure Louis had the cute small gloves, he had bought him, on covering his sensitive fingers. He had bought the navy blue pair when they were both out shopping for their parents Christmas presents, Louis had moaned about his fingers being numb in the December air. Harry didn't hesitate on buying the next pair of gloves he could find. Louis nearly ended up having a pair of cream mittens which he refused to. Even after Harry's encouragements of "they will look so cute," and "at least the will keep your hands warm."

Stepping out of the front door, Harry shivered. "This has to be the coldest winter we've ever had." He muttered, more to himself. Although Louis did agree. Using his left hand, the one that was not accompanied with Harry's, to pull his coat closer to his body. Once in the car, Harry turned up the heating to the highest he could possible get it.

Five minutes later and they were just halfway to the nearest store. The sky was dark outside, even though it was barely six o'clock. Street lights lit up the quiet roads along with the Christmas decorations hanging of people's doors and houses. Harry tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, softly singing along to the song playing on the radio. Louis fiddled with his hands in his lap, listening to his boyfriends voice.

When they reached the shop, Harry had opened Louis' door for him, claiming that it was a romantic gesture. They walked into the shop hand in hand, just like they always do. Harry led the way to the chocolate section and read out the treats to Louis. Louis just waited, not really knowing which bar to choose. He ended up just saying, "Oh, I don't know. You just pick one, surprise me." Harry went straight for the plain Dairy Milk, knowing that it was Louis' favourite. He also made sure to get the bigger size, also knowing that Louis would want more that just one normal sized bar.

Harry payed for the bar, thanked the boy behind the till and then walked out of the shop, Louis still beside him. When they returned home, it was just gone half past six. His parents were now back from food shopping and were singing to old Christmas songs in the kitchen as they put away all of the food. Louis giggled at the sound. Loving the way people acted at this joyful time of year.

Just after they had pulled off their outdoor clothing, Louis followed close behind Harry up the stairs and back into the boys room. The room they seem to spend most of their time at the moment. Louis collapsed onto the bed as soon as he got to it. Laying on his back and spreading out his arms and legs. Letting out an exaggerated sigh as he did so. Harry watched Louis as he shut the door, a smile of adoration present on his face. He then walked over to the bed also, placing the bar of chocolate on Louis' stomach.

Louis picked up the wrapped food, sitting up as he did so. He sat with his legs crossed, and even if he didn't know, he sat facing his lover.

"There you go." Harry watched again as Louis opened the wrapper, anxious to find out which one had been chosen. Braking of a piece, Louis waited a second before dropping it onto his tongue and closing his mouth. Tasting the flavour of food.

"Mhm, I love you." Louis laughed and broke off another piece, also placing that into his mouth. "Thank you."

"No problem." Harry admitted, leaning forward to kiss Louis briefly, grabbing a piece of the chocolate as he did so. Louis just smiled. "I love you too." Harry hummed as he put the chocolate into his mouth.

He took in the picture sat in front of him. The blue eyed boy in front of him. With the feather like hair and the feminine like lips. He looked over the boy he loved with all his head and he made a promise. He made a promise to himself at that moment. A promise that he will forever keep.

I will never ever let this boy go. Was what he promised. Never.

_______________
I'm sorry it's short -_-
Next one I will update on Christmas Eve and I may also have a chapter for Christmas Day ;) it is all written so I can promise you that.
The next one will be Louis' birthday hence why I'm updating on his birthday. I don't really know what gone on with ages in this book. So Louis will turn 18 in the next chapter and Harry will still be 17. Just to make that clear.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next will defiantly be longer.
Comment, vote, and follow.
I love you all so much, I can't thank you enough xo