Chapter Twenty; The First Real Piggy Back Ride.

Sappy moment: Can I just say, that you guys are amazing and make me so happy omfg
Edited.
_________________

Joanna drove Louis home whilst Harry stayed back to wait for Lexus. The ride was a little awkward seeing as Joanna didn't really know what to say. She had apologised about what she had said. Louis had said that it was fine and that she had nothing to apoligies for. Still, she didn't know what to say. And that was something new.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" Louis asked as he felt around for the car door handle.

"Yep. You're still coming to town right?" Jonna smiled as Louis opened the door.

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll see you then." Louis shut the car door and waited as he heard the car reverse from his driveway. He waited an extra couple of seconds before hitting his stick on the floor and finding his front door. He knocked on it loudly, letting his mother know that he was back and needed to be let inside as he forgot his keys yet again. The door was open in a matter of moments and Louis was nearly blown away by the smell of food coming from inside.

"Louis," Joe greeted, sounding a little nervous and Louis felt like something was off. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah? Apart from you've made me come home on a Friday, when you know my plans on a Friday night, just to have a friend over and leave me out of all conversations anyway." Louis rambled as he stood inside the house and placed his cane down, resting it by the stairs.

"I'm sorry honey, but tonights important to me." And then Louis knew it. He knew what was about to happen. Joanna was right.

"Mum.."

"Louis, before you say anything.." Louis heard scuttling and then footsteps. "I would like you to meet Matt." Louis didn't show any emotion for a few seconds. "Louis?"

Louis shook his head. Not knowing what to say, he just stood thier.

"Louis me and Matt have been seeing each other for a few weeks and I thought now would be-" Louis couldn't hold it in any longer. It was then that he cracked.

"How could you." He whisped to Joe. "How could you mum, how could you?"

Joe looked over to the man beside her and gave him an apologetic look. She had wanred the dark haird man that this was going to happen. She had told him all about Louis a week back. Saying how much her son loved his father and that it would take time for him to warm up to a new man in the house.

Matt had nodded and said that he understood, but Joe made sure to tell him to expect Louis to be angry about this meeting.

"Louis, honey calm down." Joe reached forward, trying to touch her sons arm, soothingly.

"No. No. Do you know how much this is going to hurt him?"

"Louis, your father, he's not here any more. He would want us to be happy he would want us to move on. Honey, I haven't forgoten him. That would never happen-" Joe tried calming the situation but Louis wasn't having it.

"I-I don't know how you can do this."

Reaching over he took ahold of the stick he had become to use so often. Taking a step forward he nudged his way between the two people and found the front door. Stepping out, he realised how cold it was. The November air hitting him straight in the face. He slammed the door as loud as he possible could and made his way down the driveway.