Chapter Eighteen; The First Loving Gesture.

Harry awoke the next morning by the feeling of being pushed. His eyes grew wide as he realised who, and what was happening. But before he could stop anything from going ahead, he was on the floor and looking up at a laughing Louis.

He smiled. Louis looked really good when he laughed. Soon enough, the smile disappeared and a smirk took its place. Sprining up, Harry jumped on the bed and sat on top of Louis' waist.

Louis has stoped laughing and had a confused look, taking its place. However, when Harry placed his hands on Louis' sides, Louis had a pretty good idea of what was happening and started pleading him to stop. But just like Harry, Louis was too late. Harry's fingers moved and Louis giggled. Soon enough, Louis was a wriggling mess and really sounded like he was going to cry.

Taking that as a lesson learnt, Harry pulled his arms away but kept his spot on Louis' waist. Looking down, Harry read over Louis' words.

"You...basterd."

*-*

The day of Harry's operation came around and Harry really was scared shitless. It wasn't life threatening surgery, but it did have a chance of allowing him the sense of sound. And that was enough to make Harry cry alone.

So sat in the hospital bed, at 8:45 am, Harry waited for the nurse to arrive and prepare him for the operation which was to start at 9:00. Louis sat on the white plastic chair next to Harry's bed. While Anne stood outside, talking to some doctor that was involved in Harry's appointment. Harry's father had stayed at school, making sure everything was running smoothly there and then would be up to the hospital at the end of the day, to make sure everything went to plan.

"I'm scared Lou. What if it doesn't work?" Harry looked over at the blind boy.

"It will Harry. You need to be positive about these things. Everything is going to be fine." Louis nodded, as if agreeing with himself.

Harry smiled. "I love you." He admitted.

As Louis opened his mouth, the nurse walked through, entering Harrys room.

"Harry, are you ready to go." She asked, once Harry was looking over at her.

Harry nodded his head, looking back over at Louis when he felt a hand on his crossed legs.

"You are going to come out of that room, and when you wake up, you'll be able to hear everything. Okay?" And Harry didn't even have the confidence in himself to agree.

He really was scared.

Lying down on the bed, Harry took one last look at Louis before being pushed out of the room, down the corrider and through a couple of double doors before the drugs they had given him had set in and his eyes were slowly closing.

-

Louis had kept his promise. He had stayed the whole three hours whilst Harry was in surgery. Missing a whole day of school just to sit in a small hospital room with Harry's mother. The two had small talk going. About Louis' lessons and sometimes Harry. But on the two hour mark, Anne left to get food for them both, and Louis decided to place his earphones in his ears and listened to the book he was currently on.

When Anne came back, Harry was just being pushed into the room and she saw that Louis was talking to the nurse in the corner of the room.

"How was it? Did it go okay?" She asked the nurse franticly. She turned from Louis, stopping mid-sentence to answer the woman.

"We won't know until he has woken up and the doctor has run the tests through. But, everything in sugery went to plan." Anne let out a rather long sigh and looked over to see Louis smiling.