Chapter Ten; The First Barbecue.

Louis sighed as he slipped his arms through the checked shirt. He was glad the his mother had picked out an outfit he had seen before as he knew what he looked like whilst wearing it.

Reaching down to on the bed, Louis picked up his plain black sunglasses and placed them over his eyes. It was very rare that he didn't wear his glasses. Only taking them off if he was not leaving the house.

He was scared that if people saw his eyes, they would know right away that he was blind. Louis was unsure if they still held the light blue colour they were before. He wasn't sure if they had turned the grey/ silver colour that most do.

"Louis, are you ready to go?" Joe asked from his bedroom doorway. Louis nodded his head and made sure he had everything in his pockets.

"C'mon then. Lets get you in the car."

-

"Are you ready yet? We have yo be there in like five minutes. Stop fussing over your hair. Lets go." Joanna signed frustrated towards Harry.

"But are you sure it looks okay?" Harry asked trying to hide the smile on his face as he knew this would annoy the girl.

"Fuck yes Harry. Your hair looks so good that even my mum would try and get with you. Now please can we go? I'm hungry and we are going to miss the food." Joanna gripped ahold of Harrys wrist and pulled the-giggling- boy. Pulling him out of his bathroom, through his bed room and down the last lot of stairs.

Three minutes later, both teenagers were sat in the car and the engine was running. With the teens both being sixteen, they were both old enough for a permit but considering Harrys ability to not hear, he was not allowed. So he made sure to take advantage of his friend and make her drive everywhere they went.

Harry watched out of the window as they passed trees, people, cats and dogs. He watched the outside world. A smile fell on his face as the car stopped at a zebra crossing and an elderly couple made their way across the busy road. He carried on looking out of the window until they pulled up to the familiar looking house that belong to Lexus and her family.

Lexus went to the same school as Joanna and Harry had met her a couple of times. He didn't know her that well but he knew her well enough to call her his friend. Taking the keys out of the ignition, Joanna opend her door. Harry soon realised that she was gone and done the same. Pushing down the red button, he undone his seatbelt. Turning in his seat the the left, he pulled back the handle and pushed the door open.

Soon, he was stood at the front of the brown eyed girls house and waited to be invited in.

-

"I don't want to go mum." Louis said as he sat in the parked car.

"Why not?" His mum asked.

"Because everyone is going to stare. Stare at the blind boy." Louis stated crossing his arms. His happy mood from earlier on in the day had slowly realised itself from his body.

"No they wont. You will be fine. Now lets get out of this car."

Louis soon found himslef stood infront of the house door. His mother had knocked and he was waiting to be greeted by the same girly voice had had heard in their last two times seeing each other. But what he got was something the complete opposite.

"Louis?" A husky voice was heard. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Hello. Harry right?" Joe asked.

"Yep. That's me. Uhh Lexus got caught up talking to family members so she asked me to open the door." Louis didn't know what to do. He just wanted to get this day over with now.

"Okay well Harry, I have to get to work so would you mind taking Louis in with you?" Louis stiffened. He didn't want to seem usless around this boy.

"Of course I would." Harry answered politely.

"Okay. Well I'll pick you up a little later then Lou. I will give you a ring when I'm on my way. Love you." He felt his mum grab ahold of his shoulders and place a kiss to his cheek and he had never been more embarrassed in his life.

"Love you too." Louis mumbled as he felt his mother disappear from his side.

"Byee."

-

Harry waved his hand as a goodbye gesture to the woman before looking back down and the short brown haird boy. He was grateful that the slow talking ran in the family so he caught all of what the boys mum was saying.

"Uh, do you want to come in?" Harry asked, talking out-loud as he scratched the back of his head.

Louis didn't speak this time. Only nodding his head to show him the answer. Harry moved out of the way for the boy to step inside but after a couple of seconds he had realized that the boy didn't actually know where to step. So Harry walked out the front door and placed an arm around Louis' waist. He decided to ignore the fluttery feeling he got in his stomach, and the way that the short boy flinched at his touch, and guided him into the house.

"Everyone is out in the garden." Harry stated as he kept his arm around the boy, shutting the front door with his spare hand. Harry carried on guiding Louis throgh the house.

Louis didn't want to tell the boy beside him that it wasn't necessary, that he could use his stick, becuase really, he loved the feeling that Harry was giving him. He made him feel safe from what he couldn't see. And he loved the way that he smelt. The fact that he could smell mint and a certain deodorant over the food that was cooking on the grill out side.

"Okay, here we are." Hary announced and removed his arm from the boy. Louis wanted to whine at the empty feeling but figured to hold it in as it would sound a little strange and maybe scare the guy away.

Louis looked down before mumbling a "thank you." That's when he remembered the small conversation they had on his door step a couple of days back. This was the voice that he couldn't stop thinking about. This was the boy that couldn't do things alone. He was the one that couldn't hear him.

"Wait! Harry?" Louis asked. Unsure as if the boy was still stood beside him. He soon realised that it was stupid to shout because if the was right next to him, he still wouldn't hear him.

"Yeah?" He heard him answer. This time not beside him but in front of him.

"How do you know what I'm saying?" Louis asked.

"I'm a pro at lip reading," Harry chuckled. "That and you talk really slow."

Louis smiled. Then he realised that Harry had to be staring at his lips to know what he was saying. That made his shy side come out a little more and he suddenly felt a little uncomfortable but tried not the show the boy in front of him that.

"So, do you want something to eat?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, sure, why not." Louis nodded.

Harry smiled at the awkwardness that Louis was now showing. He reached his hand forward and took hold of Louis' hand.

"You don't mind do you? I just don't want to loose you on the way through the crowed." Harry asked. Secretly loving the way their hands fit together.

"No. It's fine." Louis smiled warmingly at him.

"Okay. Lets go and get a sausage then." There was one thing that Harry really wanted to know about the short, brown haired, awkward boy. And it was one thing that Louis felt most uncomfortable showing. It was what he was hiding behind the dark glasses.

____________________

I think this is actually pretty long.

Not sure if I like it though. It seems to be all over the place at the start.

Any way. Don't forget to leave comments and vote.

Edited.