Blue Devil • 4

This is indeed the date chapter. Stay tuned for more mystery 😏

Chapter 4: Blue Devil

"Giselle Harper died around 10:24 Thursday night. The exact same time I realized you weren't in this house." My mom paces holding a stack of files in her hand. Bringing the paper up and down on her palm. She paces and talks to me and I can feel my stomach tighten.

"Now her autopsy says that it was suicide. She offed herself right? With a gun that was meters away, Where's the weapon right?" She asks and stops in front of me then gets down into a squatting position. Right in front of my seat.

"I ask Liam, where were you? Did he hear the fires? Did you see her kill herself?" She says and she looks into my eyes as if I were a suspect and she was trying to get me to confess.

"He tells me that you were there, picking up Emily. Near the fucking tracks? Where the raptors meet?" She yells and slams the paper down in my face. I flinch at the sudden force and she gets really close in my face.

"Did you hear the shots Niall James?" She asks and I take a breath.

"No." I say and she stands to her full height. I sit up straight on the brown leather couch and place my hands on my thighs before taking a glare at my mother.

"Do you not trust me mum?" I say softly with a burning anger inside of me.

I absolutely hated when my mother treated me like this, it's like everything I do for her is in vain and I'm a criminal who does nothing but lie.

Some things I do admit that isn't completely god like but I didn't kill anyone, I didn't rape anybody and I don't plan on doing anything anytime soon. She treats me like a part of her case and it pisses me off.

She takes a glance at me to my angered expression and realizes that she is in fact in the wrong.

"Wha- no, Niall, I didn't mean it like that." She says and I swear I can feel tears.

"Mum, why did you go talking to Liam? You could've asked me but instead you make my heart drop in the middle of the mall because I thought something happened but your so obsessed with your job, it's become an unhealthy fascination." I speak up and stand to my feet to tower over my mother. She looks at me with a look that all children can't help but to give in and cuddle their mother.

"I'm sorry, Niall. I'm just afraid. I want to beat this case now and find the killer because I'm scared for you." She says and grabs both my hands and pulling them to her face and kisses them both.

I take a look at her broken expression and sigh heavily.

"Scared of what mum?" I ask and she looks at me. I can see the fear dancing around in her icy blue eyes. She caresses both sides of my face.

"I'm scared that you're next."

And that then scared me.

Later on that afternoon I was sitting in Dave and Buster's watching a football game and drinking a light beer waiting on my beloved date. The team I was watching wasn't my favorite but I hoped they won. They do a good job. I got to thinking about the case my mum confronted me about earlier. I wonder how did Giselle kill herself? Or why she killed herself.

And poor Emily isn't dealing with it right. I remember how they broke off their friendship.

It was third period, Monday afternoon when they broke out into an argument. A harsh, hesitant disagreement broke into a huge, deadly argument.