Love Song • 11

Here we go

Chapter 11: Love Song

I walk into the kitchen the next morning, fully dressed and awaiting breakfast as always. My dad and pixle sit on the couch watching early morning football and my mom is dressed in uniform, cooking.

I walk into the kitchen and grab bacon, toast and orange juice to feast on while I wait on Harry. I scroll on my phone and my mom finishes making her coffee.

She then sits across from me with a big smile on her face, looking at me as if she had something she wanted to say. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her in confusion before lowering my phone a bit.

"Yes?" I ask and she smiles, letting her wedding ring clank against the cup while she beams with excitement.

"Uh I can't hold it any longer. I seen you kiss Harry." She says and I look at her with wife eyes. I almost choke on my own spit as I look at her with my full attention.

"You- you saw me kiss a boy?!" I ask and my dad quietly shushed us and went about watching TV as always before I look to see her smiling.

"Yes and it was so cute. I just had to tell you I seen it." She says and I feel my heart relax in my chest. Did my mom just call my bisexuality cute?

"So are you gay now?" She asks and I roll my eyes and laugh. She reaches her hands over the table and grab mines. She looks at me and I can see her king hearted blue eyes.

"Niall, I am your mother. I will not judge you, or hate you. I love you for you and I'm proud for every decision you make in life whether you wanna be Muslim or trans. I love you." She says and I smile. My eyes got water before I snatched my hands to wipe my tears.

"Ma." I whine and she smiles at my reaction. I truly loved my mother more than anything. The only woman who supports me through and through. She makes me the man I am and I wouldn't be able to do anything without her.

She gets up, grabs her coffee and walks over to me. He looks fondly and kisses my forehead and ruffles my flat ironed hair.

"I love you." She says and I repeat the phrase with do much love in my heart.

After that she gave me back my keys and I leaped for joy. I run outside to see my bootless car and hop into the driver's side. It smells like a mixture of vanilla and weed. Which wasn't bad at all.

"NIALL!" I hear a loud scream followed by giggles of some sort. I look over to Lana's house and shockingly see her at my passenger side window.

She smiles and opens the door eagerly. She uses her crutch to help her get inside and to sit in my seat.

"Hey, Lana." I say and she turns to me.

"Me and Mommy are playing hide and seek. Wanna play?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows as I look up to see that her mother's car was gone.

I look back at Lana and she looks at me anticipated for an answer. I squint at her.

"But sweet heart, your mum isn't home." I say and she frowns.

"Where are you going?" She asks and I remember that Lana can't go to school. She is in her last stage of cancer and she can't physically deal with school. Honestly it's so sad to me because she's such a sad, goofy little girl who always lightened up my day.  It will be a painful day to see Lana in a graveyard and I pray that she recovers so I'll never have to experience that.