Seeing Blind • 5

A bit sad, and a bit humor with a dash of death and heavily unedited.

Chapter 5: Seeing Blind

Today was Sunday, and that meant, today the town gathered to be at Giselle's memorial. It was dark and gloomy outside at the grave yard, the same weather that Giselle enjoyed.

To my right was the Tomlinson family, My family and more distant friends from school. To my left was almost the entire gang of raptors, Including a dark, sad Zayn. He looked as if he hasn't slept, ate or drank anything. For a minute, I felt bad for him.

The casket had already been lowered into the ground and mainly we were just praying over her. I was a bit sad and teary eyed that Giselle was really gone.

I take a look at Louis and he has Emily's face buried into his chest as she sobs for hours on end. Since the memorial had started, she hasn't stopped crying. Emily really was hurt and felt awful. I feel for her, but also for the raptors who had lost a fellow member. .

My mom stood in full memorial uniform, badges and all on her chest and her gloves white as crack. It made everyone look at her in a scared or respected way. She was the law and there's no way they'd do something idiotic.

She then turned to the Raptor leader who had stepped up further to the hole, gripping a leather vest in his hand. His face was red, probably from holding in tears and holding his breath for some reason.

She nods and he throws in the vest. On the back wrote, Giselle Harp, your muse.

I take a look at the gang and realize that, Giselle was an important part of them, and she was loved by all. It made me look at them in a different perspective, sort of in a protective way I feel around my mom.

And just after the vest fell inside, everyone dispersed. I stayed standing there, along with Louis, Emily and My mom. We stared at the coffin just a little bit longer. We all couldn't believe that she was gone so quick.

Maybe Giselle did kill herself and she wasn't shot. Maybe she got too sick and needed help. Maybe she got tired and tired and decided she couldn't keep being exhausted.

The thought of it makes me sit and wonder.

"She was such a wonder." I hear a raptor say. It was a tall, buff, white man with a bald head and a star tattoo stamped on the back. He wore long sleeves and the raptors vest.

"She was so happy and she was excited for Thanksgiving and for Christmas coming. I would have never guessed, she'd off herself." He says and I then look over to the men. I squint at them mostly trying to gather my thoughts myself.

Wait.

There were three shots.

Exactly three shots heard that night by everyone there. How could she have offed herself if she could one shoot herself once? I look in confusion and deep thought that I'd don't notice Louis calling my name.

"Niall! Buddy, Earth to Nialler!" He says waving his hand over my face which brought me out my trance. He looks at me in a 'are you okay?' expression.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks and pulls a penny from his pocket. I look down at his hand then back to his light navy eyes before grabbing the penny.

"I don't think Giselle killed herself." I say and Louis kind of freezes. He looks over to me and squints.

"What do you mean by that, Horan?" He asks and shoves his hands into his pockets of his jacket.