Taking leads • 15

I'm so stressed. I hate school.

When Bobby got home, he told Liza and I that my mum was going to be at the office over night and that we would see her less frequently. I didn't mind besides the fact that he's never home and I could spend more time with Liza.

"I'm going to go to my den and watch the game. I'm going to leave you and the scary child here. Be responsible." He says pointing at us like we were children finally being trusted to be unsupervised.

Liza looks to me and rolls her eyes before pulling her legs up onto the couch and pushing herself in a corner to look at me.

"So why are you here anyway?" I ask her, turning toward her with only one leg propped on the couch.

"Oh. I got into some trouble up state and the cops thinks it better if I moved somewhere familiar and started over." She says and rolls her eyes.

Why am I not surprised that Liza was in trouble with the cops?

"So Amelia is here why?" I ask curiously and see her perk up like a dog.

"She's just visiting. She's leaving tomorrow due to the murders going on down here." She says, pushing a black curl behind her ear. I see her shiver and look away as silence fills the room while I casually stare at her.

"Here." I say and take off my navy blue cardigan and place it over her tiny shoulders. She thanks me and lays her head on the couch.

"So where's Liam?" She asks and I felt my heart drop at the sound of his name.

She doesn't know? She knows about the murders but didn't know my best friend died? I don't even know how to tell her.

"Well, he's um." I choke on my words not actually being able to say it. I feel my throat tense up as if I was going to cry and I seen Liza react.

"Whoa, Niall, calm down." She reaches out and places her hand on mine and pulls me into a hug. Once she wraps her arms around me, I didn't understand what happened next.

I cried in her arms. Full on sobbing for the first time in weeks since Liam died. I really am sad and not okay. Yet, Liza was there holding my again here and wrapping her comforting arms around mine.

"I don't understand what's going on or why you cried after that question but I don't want to pressure you. Okay?" She says in my ear softly.

"Okay." I whisper back and she rubs my back. I hear a knock at the door as soon as I answered her and quickly we jolt apart. I take a look at worried Liza and wipe my tears, sucking all my hurt inside again.

And then I do what me and my mom do best. We pain a smile on our face and pretend. ..

I go to the door and open it only to reveal Harry at this door with two ice cream blizzarrds and a smile on his face. I take a look at him and smile.

"Hey, boyfriend." He smiles and shoved the treat over to me and walks inside.

"Hey, intruder." I say and he bends down to my height and pecks my lips over and over for what seems like a minute with me caressesing his cheek.

"Sorry to intrude, but I'm still here." I hear Liza say and I pull back from Harry to see Liza peeking over the couch. From this angle she looks naked because of her top.

"Niall, why is there a naked woman in your house?" He asks and I smile at her, then look back to Harry.

"Harry, this is my life long friend, Liza." I say and she stands on her knees to reveal her tube top and sweats was it band.