Busted Again • 8

So I may have made a tiny little error in the last chapter that you may have noticed and realized when I cut one of my scenes, I cut the one where Niall gets his phone back so don't be confused, I added it in this chapter.

His mum found it when they were canvassing the area and gave it to him.

A lot of close Narry, a bunch of humor because Harry is, well, y'know.

Chapter 8: Busted Again

"Niall, tell me something." Harry says as he reaches a stoplight in his car. My heart was beating fast and I could feel a panic attack.

"Niall, breathe." He demands and I start to breath in and out shakily. My hands are desperately trying to grab on to something so I don't crash. My hands search my body when I felt Harry grab my hands, I quickly turned to him, my eyes wide.

"They think I killed. T-they think I killed her Harry! I didn't kill anyone and they might arrest me and I'm not going to jail!" I say and not notice my volume is increasing.

"Breathe!" Harry says and grips my hand tighter to grab my attention. My frantic eyes reach his and I feel a sense of calm rest over me. My breathing was slowed and I was shaking less.

"You didn't kill anyone, let's just take you to your mom and straighten some things out." He says and the light eventually turns green. I take deep breaths and he continues to hold my hand.

"Can you make me laugh?" I ask after maybe twenty seconds. He glances over and takes a quick sip of his drink before placing his hand on the wheel again.

"Uh, yeah sure." He smiles then bites his lip making feel different. A weird different.

"What kind of dog doesn't bark?" He asks and I rolled my eyes. This is a lame joke but I'm going to let him have his shine since he looks confident and happy.

"What?" I ask looking at his side jaw.

"A hush puppy." He smiles and then bursts into laughter. He laughed so hard his eyes crinkled to where he was closing his eyes. I seen tears leave his eyes and I laugh long with him just so he doesn't feel alone.

"Ah, that's a good one." I say pretending to wipe tears from my eyes.

We pull into my driveway and I brace myself on how I should approach my mom on the fact that I'm a suspect in a murder investigation.

"I have a plan." Harry says and I turn to him eagerly.

"Is it a good one? One that gets me out of this mess? Because I can't have my mom sell my car, I can't." I say to him and he looks at me uneasily.

"I have a plan." I let out a huge aggravated groan and lean back in his seat. I cover my face with my hands and sit and contemplate my entire life.

"Why were you by the raptor territory's anyway?" Harry asks and I sigh. I remove my hands and look over to see him looking at me concerned.

"Emily said that she knew Giselle was murdered. She also said that the raptors seen her leave into the woods where she was found dead with some girl. But we don't know who. So we basically went to find the girl, see if she showed up again. Because it makes no sense how it was three shots fired and the case was ruled as a suicide." I say and he nods not missing a thing. He then squints his eyes.