Chapter 1

Blake's POV

"Blake! Come on we haven't done any activity in ages! I know you're doing everything to look for Clarice, but even Jazzy wouldn't want you to put your life on hold for her. You and I both know that," Emma said as she hopped around me in circles and I sighed knowing that she was right.

"Emma, I know we haven't done anything in ages, but I need to find Clarice. Jazzy's life is in her hands-" I tried explaining to her but she cut me off. "And Jazzy is in the safest hands there is. She's with the goddess, Blake, and that's such a huge honor. Even if she is technically dead, but didn't they both assure you that you will have Jazzy back in your arms? Have some faith in the goddess, have some faith in your mate." she told me smiling at me.

I sighed, "what do you want to do?" I gave in and she cheered and hugged me tightly. "How about we head over downtown? I hear the annual market place has arrived, and there are new shops for us to see. What do you think?" she said and I smiled at her and nodded my head agreeing to her plan. She grinned and kissed me briefly on the cheek before going off to inform the others. I sighed and put my head in my hands rubbing my eyes. I walked over to the window and stared at the forest stretching for miles ahead. I felt a lump rise in my throat but swallowed it down and blinked my eyes to get rid of the moisture piling in them.

"I'm trying, I'm really trying, Jazzy, but I'm running out of clues here. I don't know what I'm doing, what I should be doing, I don't know anything anymore. I need you by my side, I can't do this without you. Please, Goddess, send me something, anything, to help me in this path to redemption, I'm begging you."

I know I appeared confident in front of Emma but this was the reality of things. No one can live without their mate. They can try, but eventually they will realize it isn't possible. I know some have worse luck than this because their mate is actually dead, but at least they know they're completely dead. They aren't waking up everyday away from their mate and being completely helpless about it. They aren't waking up everyday knowing they can do something but not knowing what to do. I know Jazzy wouldn't want me to lose faith, but it's getting pretty damn hard.

Jazzy's POV

I gasped at the pain that struck me after watching Blake in that state. Tears piled in my eyes and I clenched my shirt in my hands desperately trying to numb the pain my heart was in. It was like someone was just stabbing my heart over and over again. "Oh, Jazzy," Ella said and I sobbed curling into a ball on the ground and rocking myself back and forth. Ella came and wrapped her arms around me and I buried my head in her chest and cried my eyes out. "I-it hurts. It hurts so badly," I told her as she rubbed my back in comfort. "I know sweetheart and I feel awful, but you know there's nothing I can do, you know that." she said and I nodded at her words sniffling.

"I-is there anyway I can talk to him with him seeing me? Just once I swear it, but please I can't leave him like this," I begged her and she sighed but smiled at me. "Okay honey, but only once and you tell him that," she told me and I hugged the daylights out of her. "Thank you so much," I tell her and she just nods and waves her hand and suddenly I'm transported in front of Blake.

He looks at me with wide, teary eyes filled with disbelief. "Jazzy?"

Blake's POV

"Jazzy?" I asked with disbelief as I stared at my dead mate. She was here, she really was. She was here in front of me, I could see her.

"hey Blakey," she said with tears in her eyes and a big smile on her face. I couldn't hold myself I cried out and lunged at her, taking her in my arms and lifted her up the ground twirling her around. She wrapped her arms around my neck and giggled as she buried her face in my chest and inhale in my scent. I found myself doing the same thing and sighing, however reality struck and I pulled back.

"B-but how? Is this real? Are you back for good? What about Clarice?" I fired at her and she shook her head. "I asked the moon goddess for this and she granted me it. Yes it is real unfortunately no I'm not back for good. Clarice is still at large and you still have to stop her. I asked the moon goddess to let me see you because I couldn't handle seeing you in this much pain. Blake Hunter you are the strongest man I know. You are the strongest, bravest, most determined man I know and you can't let this stop you from being that man. I know this is hard for you, it's just as hard for me, seeing you everyday but knowing I can't communicate with you kills me." she told me as I wrapped my arms around her and we sat on the couch.

"Wait, you can see me?" I asked her and she nodded with that beautiful smile on her face. "I told you I'd be watching over you and I do. I watch over all of you and I see how you guys are coping. The me you see and hear in your dreams or in the tough times, that is really me. The goddess believes that if you hear my voice that it will help you go on, but lately you seemed to be so depressed and I couldn't stand seeing you like that. So I begged the moon goddess to allow us this moment and she has. But this can only happen once, so let me tell you something." she told me but I cut her off, "only once? But Jazzy I-" this time it was she who cut me off.

"I know it may seem harsh or cruel but it was this or watch you suffer and I just couldn't let you suffer. Blake, I will come back to you that is a promise. We will be reunited again for real and forever but the time hasn't come yet. Soon yes, but not yet. You mustn't give up, my love, I know you're a strong Alpha so instead of having all the doubts in your mind of losing patience, just think about your pack. Care and support your pack in this time of need, stand by our family and help them see the light in the world, and most importantly never lose to your thoughts. It's our thoughts alone that could kill us. This may seem like a difficult time and it may be, but we will get our happy ending, that is a promise from me and the moon goddess. I love you, Blake Hunter, and don't you ever forget that."

She wiped away the tears that fell from my eyes and placed her palm on my cheek. I leaned in to her touch and sighed closing my eyes, she pulled me in for one final hug and then stood up. Before she left I twirled her around and smashed my lips on hers giving her a goodbye-for-now kiss and she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck. We pulled away and I rested my forehead against hers, "thank you," I tell her and she smiles shaking her head. "I'm always here for you baby, just look at the stars or the clouds and you'll see me among them. Now promise me to never give in to your thoughts, there are times where it will feel like it is too much but remember I'm always with you." she told me and gave me one final lingering kiss before disappearing.

" I promise you Jasmine Thomas. I love you. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that certainly was hella depressing was it not?

Anywayy, I hope you guys like the first chapter as much as I do and if you have any feedback please do tell, that would be helping me in my writing.

Thank you lovelies!

WerePotterhead