Chapter 16

Jazzy's POV

It was a rough few days. Nana was rushing around grabbing us everything we would need in war. Ryan and Kyle were training, heavily. I was simply practicing with my powers. I tried every single one and found out I had a lot more powers than I thought I had. And apparently, it was all written in my book anyway.

Sometimes we all trained together, one on one and such. I didn't always train with my powers cause you never know what might happen, and my fighting skills were still intact. We would be leaving for home tomorrow. I'm teleporting us anyway so it didn't matter the timing.

We were now packing up our stuff in small duffle bags. It was decided that once all of this was over, Nana, Ryan, and Kyle would come and live with me, so they only brought a small bag for now. When I lay in bed at night, I couldn't sleep. I was over thinking everything and how bad it would be. I didn't notice Ryan and Kyle entering the room and sitting on both sides beside me.

"Jaz, stop over thinking this. Everything will be fine, okay? Everyone will be okay, and we will win this," Ryan said and I sighed leaning into his side as he wrapped his arm around me. "What, does Papa Kyle get no love?" Kyle said and practically jumped on us. I laughed and that was how we spent our night. Kyle telling me embarrassing stories about Ryan and vice versa while I told them all about my life. And even though things wouldn't be as calm tomorrow, I was certain it would all be alright. At least I hoped it would. 

Blake's POV

Everyone was rushing everywhere. They were preparing the bunkers for the women who couldn't fight, the children, and the elders. Patrols doubled and training intensified. Everyone was excited yet scared. They were scared of losing someone but they were excited to be getting their Luna back. I wanted more than anything to have her back in my arms, but we can't ignore the fact that we're heading to war. And this could very well be the greatest war to come. 

"Blake, we need to talk," Emma said walking into my office and I gave her my attention. She sighed, "I know you don't want me in this war, but Jazzy is my best friend, Blake, and I will fight." She said and I sighed and looked down at my hands. "I wasn't going to stop you, Em, but promise me that you will take care of yourself. I know Jazzy wouldn't have wanted you hurt for her, okay?" I tell her with a small smile on my face and she smiles back and hugs me. I hug her back tightly and close my eyes. Everything will be okay.

Jazzy's POV

"Okay you guys it's time, come on," I tell them and after heartfelt goodbyes and a promise of a reunion with Nana, we were on our way. First, we would be going to the border and then I would be teleporting us from there. Ryan made me promise that the teleporting would be all that I would do so that I would save my power and energy. So once we reached the border, they held on tightly to the bags while I focused on the destination in mind. I grabbed both of their hands and closed my eyes as we spun around quite a few times before landing on the ground. 

Since I already experienced the feeling of teleporting, I landed quite normally on my feet. However, Ryan and Kyle both went tumbling to the ground. I laughed at both of them but helped them up anyway and we walked the short distance left to the pack border. 

I breathed deeply and thought of how I will finally see them. Once we reached the patrol, the wolves that were supposed to be on guard weren't there. Then it hit me; the war's already started. I panicked and focused my hearing. All I could hear were grunts and growls and Blake's howls. Kyle and Ryan put our bags somewhere hidden and we ran over to where the sounds were.

What I saw was horrifying. Bodies everywhere and I couldn't tell if they were ours or not. Blood flowing and people rushing everywhere. But what really pissed me off was that Clarice was using her powers and had Blake kneeling in front of her and I saw red.

Blake's POV (around the time Jazzy, Ryan, and Kyle were traveling)

I rushed out of my office with Emma in tow when I heard the screams. When I came out to the backyard I saw my pack gathered around something. I rushed forward and pushed past the crowd. There on the ground were two dead bodies from my patrol and others severely wounded. I growled, "where is she?" I snapped and they backed away from me as I stood up breathing heavily. "I said, where the hell is she?!" I yelled and everyone flinched dropping their heads. A chuckle came from behind us and I turned around quickly to find Clarice, Daniel, and their army. I growled lowly, "hello there, Alpha Blake, missed me? " she said laughing. I mind link people to take the injured people and the two dead people away to the hospital and then had my entire focus on the witch in front of me. 

"You will regret ever messing with me, Clarice, that's a promise," I tell her and even though she smirks, I don't miss the flash of fear that passed through her eyes. "Oh well, we'll just have to see about that, won't we? " she says and gives off a signal and they attack. I roar and my pack and I attack. 

I took out two that were heading my way and killed them instantly. I found that a lot of wolves were headed my way and shifted quickly taking them all out. I heard a howl of pain and saw Evan's wolf on the ground with two wolves on top of him. I was just about to head over to him but stopped when I saw the familiar flash. Madison gave control to her vampire and she was making those two messing with her mate regret it. I smiled slightly and turned around only to be knocked down to the ground by an invisible force. 

I was forced to shift and glared at Clarice who was standing in front of me. She twisted her hand and I felt an invisible force compel me to kneel. I fought hard but unfortunately for some reason, she was stronger. Clarice laughed out loud and bent down to look me in the eyes, "if you think that your loving mate is coming back, where is she now huh Blake? "

I heard gasps before someone answered Clarice, "I'm right here, bitch."