Chapter 9

Blake's POV (since chapter 8 was all Jazzy and she skipped a few days, this took place after Clarice left when she came to their pack)

I stared at Emma's unconscious body lying on the hospital bed and sighed in relief. She thankfully got away with a few broken ribs and a small concussion but she will be okay. The amount of anger I'm feeling inside me towards Clarice is indescribable. She hurt my sister and mate and I will hurt her too.

Evan hasn't left her side and Madison hasn't left his so we were all gathered around her bed waiting for her to wake up. I sighed and exited the room for a while and went to get us coffee. I smiled as I thought of Jazzy and how she would've definitely ordered tea. She didn't like coffee much, she drank it a few times but she claimed she hated it. I shook my head, grabbed our drinks, and headed back to Emma.

Just as I entered, I noticed she was coming to. I quickly placed the drinks on the bedside table and rushed towards her. Evan was practically almost on top of her hugging the daylights out of her but gently. She smiled with tears in her eyes and wrapped her arms around him weakly.

"You are not allowed to do that to me ever again," he told her and I noticed the tears falling from his eyes. Madison was watching her mate farther away with a soft smile on her face and shook her head before she took his hand in hers. "Come on, you're suffocating her, let the poor girl breathe. I'm glad you're awake, Emma, I hope you feel better soon," she said and slowly led Evan outside, probably to calm him down. I looked at Emma and she slid over in her bed as I lay down next to her with my arms around her.

"I can safely say that is officially the the dumbest thing you've ever done, Em, and I can't say I like it," I tell her and she sighs resting her head on my chest. "You can't do that again, sis, I know you're so eager to fight in whatever war is coming and I promised you that you will, but if you keep getting yourself hurt like this, I'm not going to hesitate in keeping you away from any war," I told her and was about to continue when I felt her shoulders shake.

"Em..." I began but she broke down and began sobbing, "I just want her b-back, that's all. I just want my sister and best friend back. I need her back," she said and cried clutching my shirt in her hands as she buried her head in my chest. I rubbed her back comfortingly and let her cry until she was calm. "I know you miss her, but I miss her too and you know I would do anything to get her back. However, we must wait because nothing will be good if we rush blindly. Patience is a virtue after all," I tell her and she chuckles and sniffles while wiping at her eyes.

"We'll get her back, I promise," I tell her hugging her tightly and she smiles, "I hope so, for your sake atleast," she says and we laugh and get up to get her discharged.

Jazzy's POV

"Okay, so how does this go? I mean Clarice is technically in my body," I ask Ella as she was preparing my bag for me to take with me. "Basically, you will have two bodies, but once you kill Clarice, her body well your body that she's in will um dissolve? It will basically turn to ashes. Everything will return to how they used to be with only one Jasmine Thomas, don't you worry about that," she says and I laugh while shaking my head and helping her gather stuff.

"Now, I know you've been here for a few long months so I will provide you with all the money you need and just ask whenever you need more. Or I could just start a bank account for you, that would be easier," she said and I nod my head as I went over her words, "I'm guessing there's no point arguing over the money thing, is there?" I ask her and she grins cheekily shaking her head.

She explained to me the basics and gave me a book of well I wouldn't call them spells but they're a lot like them. She told me that at every campsite I find and get a strange vibe from, I shall immediately sit and grab the book and see if there's a spell to break. The spell she's talking about would be the one the witch is using to hide my brother and herself and possibly a third person. I'm not a witch so it would be a bit harder but I do basically have the same abilities.

"Okay, everything seems settled. Jazzy, ready to go back to the land of the living?"

I grin and hug her tightly one last time, "I will be visiting a lot, you know?" and she laughs and hugs me back, "I'm counting on it, sweetheart. Enjoy your time, and make your reunion memorable," she says and I pull away and nod at her with a big grin on my face with Snow next to me saying goodbye to Luna. I bowed down to both of them one last time before feeling myself slowly drift in a funny feeling.

It took a few minutes but when I opened my eyes, I saw green. My face lit up with a smile with tears piling in my eyes. I smelled the scent of woods and trees and basically nature and was overwhelmed with emotions. I dropped to the ground touching the grass underneath me.

"I'm back..."