Chapter Five - No One Messes with Logan Green

Chapter Five – No One Messes with Logan Green

Come Monday morning, I realised just how bad of a mistake I'd made. There were photos plastered in front of my locker with my white off shoulder top halfway down my chest. I hadn't noticed that people were taking photos the other night when I tackled the guy to the ground. It also told me that even though people were there, no one cared enough to come help.

I tore them down, crumpled them and threw them in the bin, but the whispers were relentless.

"And that is Logan Green's style," came Elaine's voice from behind me.

"What?"

"The guy from the other night was Logan Green."

"Isn't he part of the Top Four?" I asked.

"Yep. That one."

"But Holden introduced me to basically everyone, and I did not meet Logan."

"Well, it's no surprise. Holden and Logan hate each other."

The bell rang. "I'm off," Elaine said, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Good luck today."

Something in my gut told me that these photos weren't the only thing that Logan Green had planned for me. When I entered my maths class, the class went silent for a moment, all eyes on me, until I took my seat. Clearly, news had spread through the school about the girl who had flashed in public during the weekend.

Surprisingly, I made it all the way to lunch unscathed. The cafeteria lunches would bankrupt me if I kept buying them, so I was forced to sneak the small plastic container from my locker into the cafeteria, hopefully without anyone noticing.

Practically everyone bought lunch from the cafeteria,

I looked around for somewhere to sit, but people stared at me before avoiding eye contact like I was some sort of pariah. I spotted Elaine who waved me over.

"Hey," I said.
"Welcome to exile." Cheery. "How's your day been?"

"Aside from the photos, surprisingly okay."

Elaine was eating a salad she bought from the cafeteria. Heads started turning and I too turned to look to see Logan walking into the cafeteria. His eyes met mine for a moment and I looked away.

Holden walked past me a little later and gave me a small wave and smile. I smiled back, thankful that at least another person would publically acknowledge me.

"So what's up with Holden and Logan?"

"Just because they're the same type of human doesn't mean they're friends," Elaine said, shoving a forkful of salad into her mouth. "Wouldn't surprise me if it was about a girl. Or the basketball team."

"The basketball team?"

"Holden basically vultured the position of team captain from Logan at the start of this year. Swooped in and took the position like it was nothing."

"Yeah, but he just gets away with this crap?"

"They all do."

Elaine tapped her finger against the side of the table at a little gold plaque. Kindly donated by Green Recycling Solutions.

"We used to have old wooden tables and chairs," she added. "Do something worthy of detention? Donate a ton of textbooks or computers. Do something worthy of being expelled? Simple. Build a library."

"Wow."

"Anyway, enough about that. What do you have next?"

"Sport."