Chapter Fifty - to have and to hold

Chapter Fifty

We have a booking at the hotel restaurant for breakfast

We have a booking at the hotel restaurant for breakfast. I'll meet you there. I put my phone back on the bedside table, rubbing my eyes as I got up. I was still groggy, my head swimming as I went into the bathroom. We'd walked along the beach and talked for hours before returning to the hotel. I'd spent the night in our room, but we decided that it'd be easier if Parker stayed in Holden's.

After brushing my teeth and getting changed, I went downstairs to the ground floor, then past the lobby into the restaurant. I looked around at the different tables, trying to spot Parker. Through the glass door, a guy with blonde hair was waving at me. Holden was sitting at one of the outdoor tables, stretched out along the deck chair with one leg crossed over the other, looking out at the ocean. As I approached, he swung back around to face me, perching his sunglasses on his head.

"Morning," he said, grinning, picking at one of the croissants from the basket sitting in the middle of the table.

"Morning," I replied, pulling out a chair and sitting down across the table from him.

"I heard about what happened last night," he said with a smirk. "Or rather, what didn't happen. Imagine my surprise when I'm sound asleep and I hear Parker creeping back into the room at two in the morning."

"Right. Well, we decided to wait," I began to explain.

"Why am I even talking to you about this?" I asked, suddenly realising how ridiculous this was.

"Well, we did used to date you know," he said with a stupid laugh.

"Shut up," I said, flicking some breadcrumbs from the table at him.

"We had a good thing going," he said wistfully, laughing as he seemed to recollect memories.

"Yes. How could I ever forget being ditched at the masked ball or being blackmailed?"

"Hey! In my defence, you didn't seem to mind the extra time with Parker," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Seriously though, I wish you two could've dated without our fake dating in the beginning."

"I don't know...maybe if I hadn't met Parker that way, I wouldn't have gotten to know him like I did. I would've missed out on a great thing."

Parker

Parker knocked on the door of the room. "Thank God you're here!" Ashton exclaimed as he swung the door open.

"Just breathe," Parker laughed. "Are you ready?" He asked.

Ashton held both hands out in front of him, palms down. His hands were gently trembling. "I'm so nervous," he laughed, wiping his palms against his pyjama pants. "All my groomsmen are still sleeping. I don't think I managed to sleep a wink last night."

"We're all here for you guys today," Parker said, placing both hands on his brother's shoulders, facing him. "This is just the beginning of the rest of your lives. You both love each other and it's going to be great. There's no pressure. Hell, even if you messed up your vows it'd be fine."