chapter 1

meeting the Winchesters

Driving back to my mother's house the day after it happened, I felt numb with grief, my eyes puffy and red from crying so hard the night before. I wouldn't have gone back there, unless I needed to, but there was something I had to find.

As I drove past the house, I noticed two cop cars and lots of police tape around the door, officers swarming the place. Parking my small car behind a beautiful, 67 Chevy Impala, I got out and walked to the door, my stomach churning. A cop told me I wasn't allowed inside, but I ignored him and slipped under the tape.

A large, slightly rotund police officer with a thick, 70's mustache was talking to two, very tall men in suits, their backs to me. I started to feel nauseous as I looked at the bloodstained, wood floor, two chalk marks of bodies in the most heavily stained spots. As I swallowed the bile rising in my throat, I walked closer, wanting to hear what they were saying. The taller suited man whispered something to the shorter one and walked into the other room. I went closer and heard the cop saying,

"-shot in the chest and her son in the head. The oldest daughter was taken with them, but the youngest was left, not a scratch on her. We haven't taken her statement yet, she was pretty shaken up last night."

"And where is she now?"

"At her apartment, 3 or so miles from here. I'll give you her address-"

"No need for that." Strolling up to the group, I announced, cutting him off.

"Miss Rosewood-" The cop said, surprised.

"You can call me Alex." I interrupted. "I want to know what you and your men are doing to get my sister back."

"We have our finest men on it, but we need you to describe them for us so we can do our best to catch them." Another cop walked to the officer and whispered something in his ear. After the cop turned to go, the mustached man looked at me and spoke. "Hold on, I need to check something out. An officer will talk to you as soon as possible."

"Thank you, sir." He smiled and walked away. Turning to the remaining suited man, I started to ask a question, then stopped suddenly as soon as I saw his face. He was an incredibly hot man with light, short hair, green eyes, a nice jawline and great smile. He was way too gorgeous to be any sort of government agent, and I was instantly on alert. I was also very self conscious of my clothing as I was wearing crappy sweatpants, a loose half shirt, hightops and glasses, my hair a mess.

"Miss Rosewood, I'm agent Joe Elliott, and my partner is agent Rick Allen, FBI." He said, shaking my hand flashing his badge.

"No, way. You're the lead vocalist and your partner is the one armed drummer of Def Leppard? I'm a huge fan." Smiling broadly, I added, "I thought you'd be older." 'Joe', (or green eyes as I decided to call him) started to chuckle. He smiled at me, not missing a beat. 

"My partner and I were named after them, our parents were huge fans."

"Look, you're hot, but that's not going to fool me, those names either. What are you doing here and how can you help me find my sister?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, besides the fact that I'm hot."

"Listen, Joe Elliott, or whatever your name is," I whispered heatedly, getting closer to him. "Whatever your game is, impersonating FBI agents is a federal offense. I don't know what you're doing here or why, but I intend to find out. I haven't had a very good 24 hours, you know, with becoming an orphan, my brother being killed and sister taken by black eyed sons of bitches and not sleeping at all last night dreaming of ways to find and kill them and save the last of my immediate surviving family, so I'm not going to take any of your bullshit. Who are you?"