F i v e

As she stepped in the library, she found him slouched onto the chair, a scowl etched on his face while he was scrolling through his phone with his right hand and the other was folded. She knew he instinctively sensed her, but he decided not to look up at her.

That annoyed her! "What's your problem?" She started.

He then glanced at her with a bored expression and went back to his phone.

She saw how tired his eyes looked more than that bored expression and how his eyes held something that she couldn't quite guess or understand. They were captivating and cold.

So cold that might have frozen her within a second before extracting all of her insides. He was fearsome.

She gulped, and internally debated whether or not to flee away from the library. Why wasn't he speaking to her? What did she eve- oh, why on earth did she say about that warrant?! But that was just sarcasm. She didn't really mean that. Oh, did he not get jokes? She hated that he kept ignoring her. Irritation coursed through her veins and she immediately regretted her next move. His eyes snapped at her as his jaw clenched and she noticed his slightly light stubble, which handsomely defined his jaw.

He slowly got up, irking cold and hard fear in her atoms, her eyes widened steadily, and she really wished she hadn't snatched his phone away from him.

No one messes with Abed.

He heavily sighed, sensing her nerves. She relaxed a bit as the coldness evaporated off of his face while fury was replaced.

Shaking his head, he said, "Hand me my phone back." He motioned his head towards it as his hands were dipped in his pockets.

So, judging from his tone's expression, he was not going to kill her. Thank God, for that! Taking advantage of his mood, she asked,

"You talked!" Her voice with a hint of amusement. She saw a wisp of his hair fall over into his eyes, so he took out his hands from his pockets, pulled down his hood and tousled his hair back.

The quality of his hair seemed rich and soft and this was the first time she saw his hair up this close. It was the darkest shade of brown she had ever seen. And she found it beautiful like his face.

He scrunched his eyebrows at the sudden change of her mood. She was a confusion. His confusion. A beautiful confusion.

"I stick to my words, you know." He paused. "And so should you." He warned with a low voice.

His bored expression was so ravishing that she forgot everything that had happened between the two of them and went straight off to ask him,

"What do they call you?" She asked as if it were the first time they had met.

Abed was strikingly amused and she saw his eyes had lightened up.

"Abed." He simply said.

She gave him a small smile, and looked down as his eyes were piercing her soul.

He then tilted his head as she looked everywhere but him. "And what does the universe call you?" He voice sounded bored, though a hint of curiosity lingered in his voice.

He just wanted to go with the flow, as at times, it makes things way more easier.

She hesitated to tell her name, but his stare was scrutinizing her, so she whispered, "Sahar."

"Sahar." He repeated and that caused jitters to spark in her bloodstream.

"You know, when the world turns into ashes, I'll come look for you." He lazily smiled and sat down, leaning his back onto the shelf.