T w e n t y - E i g h t

E

sta held Sahar's hands and smiled warmly at her and chatting with her about everything. When Alya came towards them, and wrapped her arms around her legs, Sahar smiled at her and asked,

"She is...?"

"My grand-niece." Esta's eyes lightened up as she said.

Sahar furrowed her brows, not remembering to have seen or heard of Abed's siblings.

"Abed's sister!" Esta slowly said upon reading her thoughts.

"But she didn't come!" Sahar confusingly stated.

"She would have loved to!" Esta paused. "But she's no more...."

She felt her chest heave up with the heaviness she had absorbed and then she knew why.

Everything Alya said to Abed, why Alya means so much to Abed, why something always kept bothering him.

Now it all made sense.

Sahar squeezed Esta's shoulder in assurance and gave out a sad smile.

She was about to say something to her, but her eyes were distracted by glimpsing at Abed who was afar from the gathering.

He was on the phone while a scowl was highlighted on his face and for some reason, he seemed very disturbed.

Suddenly, she saw Azar storming her way out of the hall towards the exit and without even knowing Sahar was striding towards her.

She was fast enough to catch up with her and when she did, she said with a loud voice,

"What's going on?"

Sahar knew she should have asked Abed, but she also knew that he wouldn't tell her.

The fury and the hurt which was evident on her face was soon disappeared when Azar heard her voice. She turned to look at Sahar with her casual 'fine' expression.

She genuinely smiled at Sahar and beamed, "The bride! Finally, we meet! Did I tell you that your beauty is alike nothing, a figment of a pure bliss and harmony!?" Azar paused, and Sahar only gave her a small smile.

Sahar clearly didn't expect her to say all this. But what she said, it was truly meant without any mockery or fakeness and act.

"No? But now you did!" Azar finished with a grin.

"Not you too!" Sahar mumbled while an amused smile played on her lips.

Azar scrunched her brows deeply and when Azar realized what she meant, she replied,

"In case if you are wondering, I am the better poet! Your darling Abed knows nothing about anything and he will never know!"

Sahar looked at her in disbelief and slightly blushed when said, 'darling Abed'.

"But why are you leaving so soon? Its-" Azar cut her off,

"Because you need some space when life strips you away from something you love!" Azar blurted out, feeling a little better as she was letting out her emotions.

Sahar raised her brows in confusion, "What did life strip you away from?"

"My job!" Azar threw a hand in the air.

Shock and pity settled in her heart and the fact that she referred to 'life' instead of blaming directly on Abed, really made her feel good about Azar.