T w e l v e

H

e heard the sound of the glass clashing against the floor just when he was about to drown into a deep slumber.

He slowly got up and sat on the bed, but he didn't get up to see what actually was happening on the other side of the door.

He knew Esta was probably breaking down or something, so he did not interfere with her solitude.

But little did he knew that he was supposed to be there for her as she needed him the most.

He sat there, stilled while his mind was raging with a tornado of madness.

That madness came out of nowhere.

But after a few good minutes, he heard a loud crashing of a wooded glass against the wall.

Did she break a vase?!

He got up to see what was going on but stopped in his tracks.

He knew he turned down her spirits by ignoring her but what made her so angry?

He doubted whether or not to go but before he could even come to a decision, he heard the front door slammed shut.

He quickly grabbed his coat, rushing towards the door, hoping to keep up behind her.

Just like him, he knew what a chaotic mess could descend upon the earth if Esta had lost her mind.

Within a blink, he was down in front of his complex building, to catch a glimpse of her.

Where could she have disappeared? How fast did she even disappear?

He went about and around the nearest places but there was no sign of her. Distressful panic formed up within him as he kept looking and looking.

She walked in between the street shops on either side of her, her arms wrapped around her as the cold wind passed by her. A few strands of her hair were out of place, as her tired eyes wandered here and there in search for nothing at all. The long coat which reached down till her ankles hanged loosely on her skinny frame, and that moment, she didn't care if the cold stung her.

Oh, dear cold, consume me all you want!

She abruptly stopped in her tacks upon seeing a mother buttoning up her small daughter's jacket.

Instantly, her heart warmed up to the point where her eyes watered, she felt a pang in her chest as her heart tightened and kept swelling up in happiness.

The mother then smiled widely at her daughter and kissed her face. Taking her daughter's hand in hers, they started walking the other way.

Esta closed her eyes, not wanting to see the world live with the happiness which she was also supposed to live with.

Damn you, selfish world! You did not even care to share it with me.

She wished she had a child to kiss, a husband to lean on and a world to live in.

But she had none. But she would wait. She would bear patience. She would wait even after the beats of her heart come to a halt, even after the wind takes away the ashes of her body. She would wait even after the end of the world. She would wait no matter how long it takes, even if it takes a decade of the eternal years. She would wait, and she would keep waiting.

And so, she would wait.

Always!

No matter what, she would never dare lose hope.