F o r t y - T w o

-3 YEARS LATER-

The period of your hardships in life defines you.

When he entered the room, he found his wife on the floor, lying over a thick mat as she wore a pair of headsets with a book in her hands. She was so engrossed in the book that she didn't notice his presence.

He pulled his hoodie over his head and tossed it on the floor, walking over to her, he stood right at the ends of her foot, making his presence known. She instantly put down the book on her chest and smiled at him with a blush.

"You are home!"

He glanced at the book she was reading, surprised that he scrunched his brows. "You know Arabic?"

Sahar pointed her finger on her headsets, indicating him that it was an audio book, she was merely trying to learn Arabic by listening to it as she read the novel.

He simply gave her an awed smile before giving her a mini heart attack by simply letting himself freely fall on her only to catch himself at the end as his hands slapped the floor as a support which was an inch away from her face.

"It's time for my pushups, you know!"  Her heart beat faster and she lay under him breathless, stilled as she stared up at him, into his eyes.

"Am I interrupting or something?" She asked, her voice only a hint of whisper.

"No my love, you are only motivating me!" He said, looking into her eyes ever so intently, his voice suddenly very deep and alluring.

With one hand he put the book aside, and then removed her headsets from her, as with the other hand he had balanced his position and composure.

Sahar inhaled in him, the mixture of sweat and his scent hit her nose. His skin was sticky with the remnants of his sweat from the morning run and it didn't bother her. Not even an ounce because he was hers as she was his.

He slowly started his pushups, he watched her, who was all uncomfortable, shy and speechless that she couldn't even move. He watched her each and every bit of her, he loved the way she was looking at him, a foreign kind of gaze he couldn't describe or recognise. She watched him as once he was zooming in and out on her, it was crazy that he was doing his pushups over her and every time he pushed himself down towards her face, just a breath away from hers, she had the very urge to kiss his face.

It was like he was teasing her with his face, once he was down and again he was up, afar from her.

Reading her heart through her eyes, he stopped with his pushups and gently placed himself on her, resting his head on her chest as he engulfed her. He was panting by then, tired, and his heart was beating vigorously with an intense speed which he couldn't quite get it under control.

"I did only 35 this time, I usually do 50. It's all because of you!" He said in between his breath, acknowledging her arms which wreathed around him.

"But my love, I thought I was only motivating you." She said with a hint of mock in her tone.

Abed lazily smiled, and raised his head up to look at her. His eyes glanced at her lips and he instinctively went ahead and pecked it. Gliding himself down more, he stopped and put his head on her stomach.