T h i r t y - T h r e e

S

ahar wasn't home when he had reached his condo. He panicked and clenched his jaw when he realized that he was away for two days. Reaching out for his phone from his pocket, he called her. Of course, it was so obvious that she would not receive his calls because she did call him the day before but Abed missed it.

Before heading out, he strode towards his bedroom and sighed upon glancing at the safe which was etched right above his queen-sized bed a little bit to the right. The dull greyish and dark safe matched exactly with the wall colors, making it less inconspicuous. He then slowly rolled over the dial-lock carefully and opened it. A couple of polaroid sheets, along with a DSLR camera, two filed documents were designedly placed inside. Before the gush of ugly, dark and acheful evocations could flood over him, he closed it shut and went to the other one which was on the opposite wall, facing at the same direction as it.

But he forgot to lock the safe.

He unlocked it open and saw the untouched reservatory. He brought it out and opened the rectangular box which revealed canisters of pills, miniature bottle of syrups and syringes.

Medication.

Asylum.

Evocations threatened to engulf him, like piercing his mind for a moment and then vanishing all over again.

He closed his eyes and shook his head.

These were probably expired and obsoleted, he needed to new ones, he would call Azar for that.

When he was done with the call, he had only asked for the syrups, these were his medications when he was at the asylum, the carers and the nurses would inject him, to keep him stable and intact whenever they would call him in for questions as the doctors would inject him the tranquillizer when would be out of control with rage and chronic issues.

He called Sahar again and there was no answer.

He wanted to break things, he wanted his anger to calm down!

But why wouldn't she pick up the damn call?!

He took out one of the tranquillizer which was beside the morphine, and mindlessly took a sip. Ignoring the wave of evocations, he winced at the pungent smack of the fluid as it glided down through his throat towards his system.

He dimly got up as the contents of the box collided against the floor, all of a sudden, his senses felt giddy and even through this moment of time, he realized that the strong effect of the tranquillizer was taking over him.

He managed to walk to his bathroom and splashed the cold water on his face, he kept opening his eyes as they were coerced to shut down, taking deep breaths he murkily strode out towards the kitchen to drink a glass of water, he couldn't tell if it were the tranquillizer or the overdosage of something else, he just couldn't tell.

The exhausted enervation flooded over his mind and he wished that he hadn't even touched that damned box.

Another of his regrets.

When the affects were slowly wearing off, and a weight was being lifted from him, the cool relief worked through his veins and he gathered himself up and gobbled up another three glasses of water. He then went down towards his car and drove off to her father's place. When finding out that she wasn't at the house either, Abed's heart thumped faster than usual and he sharply pressed the call button again. But she didn't even answer. The remnants of the affect still threatened to invade in his system and he tried to stay put. A frown creased up on his forehead and he warily glanced towards his right, he spotted the town library.