E i g h t e e n

Abed was driving back to his condo while his head swirled with her words.

Her words, damn!

The tone of her words, damn!

The weight of her words, damn!

Like, her words came out heavier than the whole universe could even encompass.

And now, Abed kept questioning himself.

He kept questioning his each and every second of living.

You do not custom make Islam to serve you, you change yourselves to fit in Islam.

This world is not worth your while.

But your relationship with your Master while you live in this world is worth your afterlife.

It's worth everything, it's worth the eternity.

This sadness Abed, is a longing, a signature from God, reminding you that you don't belong here, that this isn't your home.

He gulped.

He felt like he didn't even know his God.

It's so low of you that you don't even know Him.

But did you know that, "And Allah has brought you out from the wombs of your mothers while you knew nothing. And He gave you hearing, sight, and hearts, that you might give thanks."

Did you ever thank Him Abed?

Did you know that He knew you even before the formation of anything at all?

Did you ever care?

Why would you, when you have the world to care about.

The same world who caused and costed you everything. And that same very world will destroy you one day.

I mean it had destroyed you once before and it will do the same old thing again.

Will you be foolish enough to commit the same mistakes again and let your dear world destroy you once again?

I mean, it's the wrong sided love, Abed!

The world doesn't even know you, yet you claim to love the world as if it was your heart. Yet its love is conditional. Yet it is your enemy.

The love you give the world, it will never return the same love to you.

But if you would have given that very same love to your Maker, He would have returned to you the love which is an infinite time bigger, beautiful and vast than all the galaxies that exists.

"And don't throw yourselves into destruction with your own hands."

You have forsaken your Creator, forgotten about him and turned your back to Him like an arrogant. But He, He never did the same to you. He was watchful of you and He still had mercy on you and never did He forget about you.

Do you know why?

Because of His greatness, because He is The Great.

Why Abed, why?

Why did you let the devil consume you?

Why did you let him speak for you?

Why did you let him destroy you?