T w e n t y - F i v e

As soon as mom stormed out of the house, Taraa was sobbing and Abed became anxious and frowned.

He didn't understand why Taraa was being so dramatic and crying over this. Mom and dad fought often, and this wasn't the worst of the fights.

Dad was up in his study and Abed wanted to ask him what exactly happened.

As he was walking towards the stairs, Taraa caught him by the shoulder and said, "D-don't g...go to h-him!" She warned in between her cries and Abed furiously asked, "Then tell me, what the hell happened!"

Taraa looked at him, while tears were gushing out of her eyes, she then managed to stop them and stated with a straight voice, "Divorce happened!"

Abed felt like the world hit him and all the blood drained from his face.

With a horrified expression he panicked, "I want to live with mom, then!"

Taraa shook her head and walked away from him, towards her room while voicing out, "The court gets to decide that, not you!"

*** *** ***

"Abed!" Esta sternly called out as she pressed her lips in disappointment. She knew Abed had to make some or the other drama.

But she also knew that he wasn't doing this purposely.

"Why did mom hate roses?" Abed instantly asked.

Esta blinked. His question totally caught her off guard.

"Seriously Abed? You have to ask me this now? Here? We talked about this! You promised to take this dinner seriously and heartedly but here you are digging up the buried past!" Esta huffed.

"I want to marry her, okay!! It's just.... I can't stop thinking and..." Abed yelled.

Esta looked at him for a minute, realizing that what he said just now was genuinely true.

"I'm worried about your future, but you are stuck with the past that doesn't even matter. And if you wanna know why I'm so hell bent on marrying you off, it's because your mother would have done the same for you. Because, it's my freaking duty!" She finished and sighed as she rubbed her temples.

"Okay, thanks for all that!" Abed brushed aside all what she had said and repeated his question, "Now, tell me why mom hated roses?!"

Esta looked at him and she wanted to slap him so hard until he realizes what she had just said registers in his freaking brain.

"Did you not understand what I just said??!!" She yelled.

"Yes, I did! I know it doesn't matter to you anymore and to the world, but to my damned heart, it matters more than anything!" He yelled and sighed when he realized how loud he had gotten.

"Abed, I will tell you why! But after returning from here. It doesn't look good that we are out here when we are the most important people needed inside." Esta explained.

Abed only nodded and headed inside.

*** *** ***

"So, how do you know him?" Sahar's uncle's wife asked her with a smile.

But Esta was quick to answer for her.

"Through me, it's a small town!"

Sahar looked at her, thankful for the way she covered it up and smiled at her while nodding towards her uncle's wife.