Part Thirty Two - opening up

A/N Ok. So this is the start of the trip through all that has happened, sorry if it's a bit graphic. This was always how the story was going to go, and how these two get past all that is said, all that has happened - well that is the difficult bit. This is a very different story for me, well I feel it is, anyway! Hope that you're enjoying...though that's not the right word. Love all your comments, it's the only way I know I'm doing well, plus you often highlight little things I miss and it can lead to edits on subsequent chapters, so please keep going, xxx

Chapter Thirty Two

"I was twelve."

Aaron had barely slept, or it felt that way. Darkness gave way to early dusk, his body was on edge, yet somewhere in the early hours he'd switched off. But the second he heard those words he was awake, alert. He held her, knowing that he was about to hate every word that she said, but knowing that she was about to let him in, and that made him hopeful too. A bizarre contradiction, and it threw him into turmoil.

She was still in his arms, head on his chest, she'd barely moved since lying beside him. To let her know that he was listening, he gave her a gentle squeeze. When she sighed, he moved his hand gently on her arm.

"We stayed at his house, because he was rich. My parents loved it, but then they worked for him, my Uncle Ed. He was so successful, business...I didn't pay any attention, then he dabbled in politics. He was on TV, he was employing my parents. He had a huge house in Kensington – with staff. I was always in awe.

"We visited for weekends, usually for dinner parties. I'd have a room up in the attic, he decorated it for me, pink hearts, and My Little Pony everywhere. I should have been suspicious when he wouldn't let me update it as I got older, I once hung a Justin Timberlake poster up, and he ripped it down when I wasn't there. Left it in shreds on the pink duvet cover."

She gulped, he could feel the tension increase throughout her. 

"You don't have to do this, Jule."

Shaking her head against his chest, she disagreed, "it's taken me too long to discuss this, don't make me stop."

He kissed the top of her head, and she continued.

"I was almost thirteen, I know, because we were going to Eurodisney for my birthday in a couple of weeks' time. I was in the bedroom, it was a Saturday night." She sighed, "I loved that room, it was childish, but it was filled with so much that I didn't have at home. A Wii, a flat screen TV when we still had a huge one at home, I had a Sky box, I could watch any movie I wanted. I was watching some Olsen twin movie...I can't look at either of them to this day.

"He opened the door. It was at the end of the bed, and when I glanced down I was surprised to see him. Usually one of the servants would come check on me, cos I was shoved right up in the attic, miles from anyone. I never made the connection."

"He asked what I was watching, then came and sat on the bed. I loved him, he was good to me, I had no idea that someone could change."

His arms tightened around her, his heart pounding nausea rising.

"He touched my leg." She gave a little sob, "I didn't expect it, but I didn't worry. He told me how I'd grown into a pretty girl, that he was happy that I came to stay at his. He was big, he was popular, I liked that I made him happy. He stayed for ten minutes, talking, flattering me. I didn't realise his hand was moving, stroking my leg higher and higher for a little while. I was wearing one of those kids' nighties, a light nylon number, that came to mid-thigh. When his hand slid under it I flinched, but he smiled. Told me I was special, and he was just showing me how special. I was wearing knickers, and I was so scared when he touched them. But again, he told me I was beautiful and that it made him want to touch me more."