Part Fifty Three...teething problems

Chapter Fifty Three

Julia's eyes opened at the sensation of either Cliffy or Coco lounging over her hip, the other behind her. But as she wriggled hoping to dislodge them she realised that it wasn't the dogs. It was a man. Suddenly Aaron's smell overwhelmed her senses, and despite the desire and longing that shuddered through her body, she wanted to roll over and punch him.

He stirred, and the pressure against the back of her thighs grew as his impressive erection pressed into her. Damn him and his sexiness. He hadn't as much as messaged her, and now here he was wrapped around her in HER bed.

"I told you this was the minimum that we had." His voice was husky from sleep, but he was awake enough to pick up on her distance.

"What?" her whisper was a harsh hiss.

A cross between a groan and a moan vibrated against her shoulder blade as his lips touched her, "I told you when this started, that the baseline would change. Sleeping next to you...it's what I want, what will happen whenever we're together."

She huffed at that, her back still towards him, "so that's it, all you. Aaron says, Aaron gets."

His hands pulled at her shoulders, and she tried to resist, but she couldn't as he rolled her onto her back, watching her. "What's wrong?"

She shrugged, trying to evade his eyes, but he just reached his hands to her face, grasping both cheeks steadying her gaze, "get off me, Aaron."

He shook his head, "not happening."

She tried to wriggle free, but his arms wrapped around her, their bodies melded even closer and she had to swallow the gasp of desire that threatened to escape her lips. She hated that she wanted him, a man who could switch his emotions off and on like a tap.

"Let me go."

Her voice was quiet, but it was enough to make him freeze, "I don't want to, is that what you want?" As he asked her the question his hands returned to her face, cupping her, his eyes focussed on hers.

"You can't just waltz in here as though nothing has happened, think that you can click your fingers and I'm there, waiting for you."

"I tried to call you, Julia. That's what this is about? I had ten minutes when I had chance about nine o'clock, and I got your answer phone, I was going to leave a message, but I thought that I'd catch you before my flight....I just wanted to get home...to you." He smiled softly. "We got the saboteur, I've been in Chicago, the PD there aren't ones for cutting corners." With a sigh his head dropped.

"It was a hard time?"

He shrugged as he lifted his head, "one of my own employees, plotting against me. I could have gone to jail over this."

She had no idea that things were that serious, "really?"

He shrugged, "Tom, my legal man said over his dead body, but I was starting to get nervous."

She wrapped her arms around him, tugging his head into her neck, "I wouldn't want that to happen."

He chuckled against her skin, "you could've fooled me two minutes ago."

She closed her eyes, the flush of embarrassment washing over her, "I don't know...."

"What?"

Shrugging she dropped her head, "everything....this....this thing we've got here. I don't know how to deal with it all."

Lifting her chin once more, he whispered against her forehead, "I told you, there are no rules, this is all about you, how you feel, what you want...this is your plan...your thing. OK?"