Part Sixty Three - the end, the epilogue

Chapter Sixty Three

A year later

"What time are they getting here?"

Aaron groaned, not opening his eyes, "how many times do I have to tell you? About ten am, Luke will text when they land."

"I'm just excited."

He opened an eye and looked at her, "I know you are, babe. But asking again won't make it happen quicker."

She rolled her eyes, then punched his shoulder gently, "I just waited so long."

Opening his arms he pulled her against him and nuzzled her neck, "they are coming for two weeks, Christmas, New Year...all with us. That's no mean feat considering both Abi and my parents are sacrificing their first Christmas as grandparents."

Yes, the honeymoon gave Abi and Luke more than just all over suntans. She'd come home pregnant, little Jamie was ten weeks old, and Julia couldn't wait to get her hands on him, her and Aaron had only made one brief visit since the baby was born, and she was desperate to see him and of course her friend again.

"Do you think they'll like it?"

Again he opened a sleepy eye, "we are on a Caribbean island, in a villa with a private beach, a pool...what is there to hate?"

He was right, they'd booked the place for a month and had already spent a week familiarising themselves with every inch of their holiday home. And christening it. She rolled her eyes, she'd never be able to swim in the pool without remembering the previous night.

Aaron laughed when he spotted her blush, "no more of that when our visitors arrive..."

She groaned, "how do you KNOW what I'm thinking?"

"You've always worn your thoughts on your face, sweetheart, I've told you that in the past. Wanna make the most of that outside shower before they come?"

Julia knew she should roll her eyes and say no, but the thought of more time, won over, sliding out of bed naked, she made for the veranda and the bamboo cubicle beside the pool. She'd barely turned on the waterfall shower head and Aaron's hands were snaking around her, his equally naked body pressing up against her.

"How are we going to manage when we have to wear clothes?"

She honestly didn't know.

Max was the caretaker and go-to man for the villa, and he happily arrived mid morning with their visitors. Aaron was reluctantly in board shorts, his arm wrapped around Julia who was wearing a polka dot bikini. A rather fetching bikini that more than powered his libido. She'd filled out over the last six months, and that was a good thing, she'd been gaunt, underweight at her worst, and now, she looked healthy and happy. Something he hadn't imagined he'd see so readily.

Running a hand over her firm, rounded bum, he laughed as she leaned into it, they'd spent so much time on top of each other, that she was right, behaving in company was going to be difficult.

Because, he too had loved the time they'd spent together, but then since selling his part of the business eight months earlier, he was on a completely different schedule. This was their third holiday of the year, and they were only limited further by Julia's commitments at the museum.

When he saw his brother climb out of Max's taxi, he grinned, there was his little bro, with a wife and a beautiful son, stretched out in his arms. Who'd have thought it?