Part Forty Nine - "I want it all"

A/N So we're almost at the crux of the whole story...hope this isn't too risque for you all, MZxxx

Chapter Forty Nine

"I thought you were stuck in Seattle."

Aaron sighed as he took in the feeling of her body against his, he'd wanted this moment all week, and now that he was here, the last twelve hours were almost worth it. Tom ad looked at him as if he was mad when he suggested at five o'clock that they fly home. They managed to find a flight that evening, but they landed in JFK at around three am. Fortunately for Aaron he was only about ten miles from the airport, Tom had a longer drive out to his up state home.

Aaron was keeping his changing relationship with Julia under wraps, but Tom knew something was up, so he was glad to leave him in the arrival hall, rather than face more questions. The cab journey was about twenty minutes, and he almost fell asleep. But but the time he let himself into the apartment, he was desperate to see her. He had literally kicked off his clothes as he climbed the stairs, and by the time he threw himself onto the bed, he was wearing just his boxer shorts.

Aaron was grinning, quite uncontrollably, and he could just make out Julia's wide eyes, despite the dark.

"We've got a shit storm going on, I have to be back by Monday morning....but I couldn't get much more done this weekend, not really and Tom, my legal eagle...he's got a wife, a young child. He needed to come home." As he spoke his lips got closer to hers, suggestively.

"So it was purely for him?" There was humour in her voice.

In response, he chuckled warmly, "of course that was the only reason. Why, can you think of another one?"

Shaking her head, she tried to pull away from him, then squealed as he pulled her even closer, "OF COURSE I came back to see you, but then you know that."

He knew she did, her moan only confirmed it, then she surrendered, giving into him, her body melted into his, but as his lips finally touched hers, she murmured, "what are you doing?"

He grinned against her mouth, "I told you, THIS is now the norm. I WILL kiss you whenever I want to, and I can only hope that you'll do the same."

Leaning back against the pillows, allowing him to move over her, she moaned....yet it sounded like a purr. And it drove him wild. He had hoped that the kisses that followed, leisurely, promising, messy kisses, would become normal, but it was so much more than that. This felt like he was home, this was what he'd waited for, not just all week, but it seemed like forever.

The worried, almost cold woman he'd met months earlier came alive in his arms, and when her hands snuck under the waist band of his boxer shorts to cup her buttocks, he almost expired.

"I want this to be the night...."

He froze at that, he wasn't sure that she was ready, there was so much they hadn't done, hadn't tried, and he couldn't bear it if all their hard work came undone.

His mouth was at her throat when she rasped out the words, and without lifting his head, he murmured, "no."

Struggling she pushed him to one side, "I'm fed up with messing around. I want is to have sex, more than anything."

"You think I don't?" He reached out to cup her cheek, "because I do. But I don't want to blow this. We've got to do things right."

She shook her head, "all week, I've been wound up...I can't go on like this."

He dropped his head, resting his forehead against her shoulder, this had mistake written all over it. Lifting his head, Aaron took a deep breath, "if we do this, we have to see it through....everything."